Best N/A eninge is.....?

The Seer

, but when we go out blatting as a bunch I can assure you that I have no issues staying in touch

Until you run out of fuel or we reach a motorway eh Mark  :p

All the above comments are true, why not use the budget to buy a mint untuned engine car (Duratec maybe) and then work out how far you want to go with it.  Certainly your budget should find you a very nice example with all the other boxes ticked and then you can have the fun of upgraditis!!

150 bhp is plenty for fun and is plenty to catch you out (As I have learnt!  :bangshead: )

Mark B

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

When i first built my westy i got a fairly well sorted 1600 cvh engine from a nice chap who was upgrading to a 2000 zetec!! Most of his mates in the Warwickshire crew had 20.l cars and vouched for the fact that the cvh kept up with them easily... My car had about 125bhp at the wheels and was a fair match for my good buddies 2.0l zetec although i did have to drive it fairly hard to keep up sometimes and it used more fuel than his did but it was brilliant and i am really glad that i went that way first off... Now i have a VX in which i love to bits! it doesn`t seem loads and loads faster it just has a hell of a lot more grunt (i.e torque)  

Are you in a position to test drive a factory car? i did before i built mine and it had an 1800 zetec in it and it flew, the grin on my face lasted for weeks much like the look of terror on my fathers face who was in the passenger seat.

There is always a massive amount of helpful advice on this website and it has helped me many a time, it has also made things very hard to decide on sometimes as there are so many opinions, some from experience and knowledge and some from banter and wind ups!! at the end of the day the "Westfield Bug" is for real and you will i am sure get it no matter what engine you decide on.

Good luck HTH  :)

Sometimes all this 'do you really need xxx Bhp' comes across really patronising. Just because someone isn't a lifelong owner of a Westfield doesn't mean to say he doesn't know what sort of power he's going to want in one when he gets one. IMO a 210 - 220Bhp NA XE in a car of this ilk would make a really really nice car to drive.

Seriously, does a stock XE make 200bhp and at how much ???  :xmas:

My 'presumed standard' (other than DTH TB's, Simpson exhaust system ARP rod bolts and light flywheel) XE made 204 corrected bhp @ Northhampton Motorsport - and 202bhp on the second run with the airbox bolted back on, both at ~6200rpm. Surprised the hell out of me :0  :blush:  :cool:  :laugh:

But it has been well run in! :D

:D  :D  

:t-up:  :t-up:

indeed  :love:  :t-up:  :t-up: , you may give him turkey dinasoars faces this week as a treat  :D  :D  :D

Surely you of all people should know, if you cant beat them, join them! :p

Oulton29-8-07126.jpg

I have to agree with the RST V8 being the best. If money no object that would be my choice. A V8 made from two bike engines, all the pros of lightweight (74kg), V8 type torque with Bike revtastic performance. This is having your cake and eat it. Brilliant.

is everything stopped!

Ok this could put the cat amongst the pigeons but no-one has mentioned bike engines???? surely good power and very light

Nah, its a bike engine but its a V8 so it doesn't count!

the engine is 74Kgs and produces something like 380BHP!

interesting read here

As stated in my previous thread I've decided to opt for a CEC (Car engined car) with an N/A engine. Circa 210-220 h.p.

I'm thinking along the lines of an XE powered car.

Though is this the better engine to choose out of the other N/A engines available?

:blush:  :D

the engine is 74Kgs and produces something like 380BHP!

and lasts about 15 minutes between rebuilds

If you go to autosport next week you will see the new incarnation of the RST fitted with a supercharger and 550bhp