Best N/A eninge is.....?

The Seer

If you go to autosport next week you will see the new incarnation of the RST fitted with a supercharger and 550bhp

You going to Autosport, what day?

Friday mate are you going?

Yep. I'll be going Sunday.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

The K series in a Se7en is only unreliable if you dangler up the cooling system. Get it right and it's a perfectly acceptable engine providing it's built properly with the right bits...

In my book 'perfectly acceptable' doesn't include having to rebuild the motor before installation - unless you wish too ;).

If you are going to give a 'K' some stick, you would be a fool not too - because you will probably end up doing it anyway. Just with more damage :down:

If I were to ever replace either of my engines, any replacement would be getting refreshed with a hone, rings, big ends and ARP bolts, whether it was a Vx, Zetec, K sereis or whatever. For me, the benefits of the refresh far outweigh the relatively small costs of doing the work...

The K series in a Se7en is only unreliable if you dangler up the cooling system. Get it right and it's a perfectly acceptable engine providing it's built properly with the right bits...

In my book 'perfectly acceptable' doesn't include having to rebuild the motor before installation - unless you wish too ;).

If you are going to give a 'K' some stick, you would be a fool not too - because you will probably end up doing it anyway. Just with more damage :down:

If I were to ever replace either of my engines, any replacement would be getting refreshed with a hone, rings, big ends and ARP bolts, whether it was a Vx, Zetec, K sereis or whatever. For me, the benefits of the refresh far outweigh the relatively small costs of doing the work...

Agreed.

My VX engine had a claimed 80k miles, I still pulled it apart for a hone, new rings and ARP rod bolts.

Big ends looked new luckily, replaced before I pulled the block apart.

Being the complete opposite, I treat the engine as a wear and tear item.

Paid £100 for a Zetec with alledgedly 130k miles, changed the oil and have thrashed the living daylights out of it since.

If it goes pop I'll out another one in for £100.  :D

Look, when all's said and done, you know in your heart of hearts that you are all closet Pinto seekers  :p

My Hero!... :love:  :love:  :D  :D

Paid £100 for a Zetec with alledgedly 130k miles, changed the oil and have thrashed the living daylights out of it since.

What bag does it go in for recycling? I've got one for plastic bottles, one for cardboard and one for food waste, but there doesn't seem to be one for old engines  ???

What bag does it go in for recycling? I've got one for plastic bottles, one for cardboard and one for food waste, but there doesn't seem to be one for old engine

The heath with all the other burnt out cars :D

What bag does it go in for recycling? I've got one for plastic bottles, one for cardboard and one for food waste, but there doesn't seem to be one for old engines  ???

on saturday i took my old block to the local refuse place, they had a skip marked scrap metal.  thats where it went :)

Yeah, that weigh that in and make money out of it...

Why - if it wasn't needed (other than the K series :p )?

Why - if it wasn't needed (other than the K series :p )?

Peace of mind...

And if the engine is out on the bench anyway...

Get it (k-series) right and it's a perfectly acceptable engine providing it's built properly with the right bits...

The right bits being a Hayabusa head, barrels, cases, internals, and associated gubbins  ;)    :laugh: