Bulk Buy

Such is the way of bulkbuys... The supplier is always convinced into thinking it will be a low hassle way to sell a decent quantity of units, produce in a batch etc.

...but it invariably ends up with everyone wanting something slightly different, a million and one questions, requirements etc, and the supplier vows not to do bulkbuys again!!

:p

If I was organising a bulkbuy, which I'm not of course and so cant really criticise those that do, it would be a "This is what is on offer, what you see is what you get, take it or leave it" basis!

well it would be nice just to see what is on offer :p

i done groups buys in past and had no problems.

post picture and price and take orders ???

answer any questions

or am i missing something :durr:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete g

• Barry Ashcroft

• Chris.B

• Gooders

I've just recieved some pics from the factory of the widetrack and the inboard ARB solution.  The ARB cost is £295.  I think that's all my questions answered now :)

wide_track1.jpg

wide_track2.jpg

wide_track3.jpg

wide_track4.jpg

wide_track5.jpg

OK pictures look fantastic :)

BUT when will the offer close, has it been extended?

What is the lead-time on the kits?

These are still questions which need addressing and i am not getting anywhere with the factory as yet!

The good weather is now just around the corner and i want to get it fitted and set-up.

Any news would be welcomed.

Rich

Actually, I have one more question - how does the inboard ARB get adjusted for stiffness?

Getting really pi**ed off now.

I am thinking that even if I strip the front end down and have it re powdered that ill be lucky to have it back on the road for April.

I was hoping to have the wide track fitted for then but with no end date in site and no projected delivery date my hopes are dwindling.

A great start to a Westfield bulk buy.  :arse:  :sheep:

Sorry if this sounds negative an a whinge but how long can feet be dragged before people get fed up and drop out?   :(

Same questions for me.  I could also be interested in joining the bulk buy once we have this info.

Anyone know what the difference in lever ratio (wheel to damper movement ratio) is between this set-up and the standard track set-up?  Just trying to understand what this will do to my wheel rates if I keep my existing springs...

Steve.

Are there any photographs of the SHOCKER MOUNTING BRACKETS anywhere, or does anyone know how they are arranged?

I could also be tempted by the offer, but would like to know whether that ARB would fit a BEC.  

I'll call the factory to find out tomorrow, but would be interested to hear if anyone has fitted the new ARB to a Megabusa and specifically one with the standard factory dry sump tank.  From the photos posted above it looks like the dry sump tank will have to be moved.  

Simon.

Same questions for me.  I could also be interested in joining the bulk buy once we have this info.

Anyone know what the difference in lever ratio (wheel to damper movement ratio) is between this set-up and the standard track set-up?  Just trying to understand what this will do to my wheel rates if I keep my existing springs...

Steve.

Is there any light at the end of this very long tunnel

Steve.

Is there any light at the end of this very long tunnel

For all who are interested i have just spoken to Dave Lane at the factory to ask about the wide track bulk buy, Dave told me that he was having a meeting to discuss this at 3.00pm this afternoon.

This may mean a light is burning all be it not very brightly at the end of this very long tunnel :angry:

He has promised to call me this afternoon with some answers etc

Gooders

He has promised to call me this afternoon with some answers etc

..... did you get a call with any answers?

Not a thing its sad but i shall be call them today to remove my name from the list. :angry:  :angry:

If i can not get answers now whats is it going to be like chasing delivery sorry my confidence in there ability to supply is zero :angry:  :angry:

Sorry to be nagative and i hope if they see the posts on this board they will see it as constructive comments and allow them to address there short comings.

Rich

Not a thing its sad but i shall be call them today to remove my name from the list. :angry:  :angry:

me too had enough name removed this morning   :angry: