Bulk Buy

Speaking to Dave while I'm at the factory on Tuesday ;)

and may add my name to the list depending on a couple of factors which Dave will have the answers for specific to my needs

Really, Dave quoted your name as being on the first four list  :oops:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete g

• Barry Ashcroft

• Chris.B

• Gooders

After having a conversation with the factory,unfortunetley  I will not be able to join the deal.

The arb (standard)  will require to be changed to a wider type plus the top camber adjuster is for a ball joint fitment and not for rose joints (without some machining) ie the new top wish bone is not threaded inside but uses a sleave through to adjust.

If anyone has bought the wide track wishbones before and converted to the rose joint I would be grateful for any advise as it is a good offer  :)  :)

Stu

After having a conversation with the factory,unfortunetley  I will not be able to join the deal.

The arb (standard)  will require to be changed to a wider type plus the top camber adjuster is for a ball joint fitment and not for rose joints (without some machining) ie the new top wish bone is not threaded inside but uses a sleave through to adjust.

If anyone has bought the wide track wishbones before and converted to the rose joint I would be grateful for any advise as it is a good offer  :)  :)

Stu

I've just spoken to Mark Walker myself and he has confirmed what stu says.....that the original ARB will not fit the wide track  :(

So I'm out :down:

I've just spoken to Mark Walker myself and he has confirmed what stu says.....that the original ARB will not fit the wide track  
So any idea of the added cost for a new wider ARB?

As of 4.20pm today there are now 8 of us on David's list.

Re-reading Holly's opening post, it seems Westfield are happy to open this to existing customers and WSCC members.  However now the topic has been moved to Technical Help only registered members can view the offer.

Welcome to the first bulk buy option offered by Westfield Sportscars in 2007.

This offer is for existing customers,  WSCC members and Speed Series competitors who are looking at upgrading their Westfield for 2007.

Or have I mis-understood Holly's guidelines?

I've just spoken to Mark Walker myself and he has confirmed what stu says.....that the original ARB will not fit the wide track  
So any idea of the added cost for a new wider ARB?

IIRC, Dave (today) said £240 - £300...check the parts store

Speaking to Dave while I'm at the factory on Tuesday ;)

and may add my name to the list depending on a couple of factors which Dave will have the answers for specific to my needs

Really, Dave quoted your name as being on the first four list  :oops:

Yes my name is on the list but like I said....Pending on sorting a few things out with Dave specific to my needs for my car

are we going to get any pictures posted on here or not .

picture says a thousand words :t-up:

looks like i need to phone factory on monday :p

If anyone has bought the wide track wishbones before and converted to the rose joint I would be grateful for any advise as it is a good offer  <!--emo&:)  :)

Stu

I've just spoken to Mark Walker myself and he has confirmed what stu says.....that the original ARB will not fit the wide track  :(

So I'm out :down:

Just a thought but has anyone moded the ex ARB to fit the wide track  ???  I guess its just a matter of chopping the ARB and splicing in an extra few inches...thoughts please  :)

Why not se;l your existing ARB to part fund a new one?

I wouldn't have thought a cut and shut on a bar to add length would do a great deal to the bars qualities??

Hi Everyone

The guys in the stores are being asked all sorts of questions regarding the widetrack kit on offer.

Just so you all know, heres some info.

1.Its 50mm wider than the standard front track

2. The wishbones are the same as fitted to the sport 2000s and are oval specification not round.

3.The upper wishbone has adjustable camber without the need to remove the ball joint from the upright.

4. The outboard end of the lower wishbone is strengthened around the ball joint mounting point, this eliminates twisting or bending around the ball joint area with the extra loads.

5. So that you can use your existing steering rack and shock absorbers, special fabricated brackets for the lower shock mount and rack extensions are supplied with the kit.

6. The kit works with the standard supplied top and bottom ball joints.

7. The standard outboard front anti roll bar is not designed to be used with the widetrack system, you can however fit the inboard anti roll bar kit as fitted to the sport 2000s.

Images to follow

Regards Mark

C'mon now boys lets get this up to 30 and make this work  :t-up:

name on list :t-up:

upto 12 now

come on you know it makes sense