Next Cambridge Area Meeting

chazpowerslide

Gimme a yell if you get the dash this week Chaz and I'll pop over and sort it ;)

Liam - No I haven't cleaned it yet....I like the aged patina....and it's bl**** cold and I'm lazy :p

Scruffy - I can't help on the trailer front but drop me an E-mail if you need an extra set of hands.

Doesn't look like I'll be making this one myself....tintop repair bill blew my Westfield's off-shore slush fund :(

Also the fact I'm still at home with the parents means Mother's day is awkward :0

...Oh and Neil - Glad you got the car running....just please don't break it (I don't want to have to wire it up ..again)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• ChrisF

• CrashBangWallop

• scruffythefirst

Cheers sparky.  You wouldn't happen to have a meter or so of adhesive lined heatshrink would you - shrunk diameter 15mm or so and a selection of numbered or lettered heatshrink labels?  Having a hard time getting these bits to finish the loom.

Cheers sparky.  You wouldn't happen to have a meter or so of adhesive lined heatshrink would you - shrunk diameter 15mm or so and a selection of numbered or lettered heatshrink labels?  Having a hard time getting these bits to finish the loom.

Why would you need adhesive lined heatshrink? Doesn't that make it difficult to get anything through it ???

Well I've made a start on my dash............I opened the garage door and looked at it for quite some time then spilled Evostick all over the mems worktop in the kitchen. She was very understanding  ;)

...Oh and Neil - Glad you got the car running....just please don't break it (I don't want to have to wire it up ..again)

I still need my rev counter sorted out and I've a high-level brake-light, too. :D

S**t...

F**k...

B**ls...

:arse: ...

Spent christ nows how long making the seat mounts this morning, put the seats in the car, looked at the gap (or lack of) down the side of the seats and found the bl**** lap strap adjusters won't fit in it...

Bo**ocks...

Two new style harnessses with reverse lap adjusters required.

:bangshead::down::bangshead::down::bangshead::down:

Oh, and Demon Theives are quoting 24 days devliery on Sabelts...

:angry:

Adhesive lined heatshrink......are you insane??? That stuff is the work of the devil :angry:

I can get some 'normal' stuff though :D

Adhesive lined heatshrink......are you insane???

Its fantastic stuff, keep connections safe and protected from the environment and it sticks to the braid that WRC teams use to make their looms.  Not cheap tho and difficult to find in a big enough size.

I have Sabelt Harneses and SPA wheel and QR boss to order on Monday.

Is the issue with your mounts or the belts Martin?

Chaz.

Chaz....for fear of being shot down in flames, with so many struggling to get bits finished and it being mothers day...should we delay for a week  ???  

BTW I am still hopeful to be ready this week, rad now fitted and 90% of plumbing now sorted.  I only need a connecting pipe to finish the cooling system, then a double check of brakes system, cooling system and general shake down, then it's go go go  :t-up:  :devil:  :D

I don't really want to re-schedule as people will have already made arrangements.

I should be able to get mine sorted if the bits turn up on time.

Let me re-cap on the thread a mo...................

I count 9 confirmed including me and 5 emails from possibles so too many to cancel and re-do the following weekend.

Best get cracking.

Can I provisionally book you for Friday evening please Sparky.

Chaz.

No problems Chaz...it was just a thought as there seems to be a lot of blood, sweat and tears out in the flatlands  :D   Sounds like you have alot more to do than me...good luck  :t-up: