• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gee_fin

• Nick M

• pete g

• SADDLEWORTH

For those interested in lap times, make sure you get both the IR receiver and sender, cos I've only got the receiver (since I had a sender), but it seems my sender is incompatible with the receiver and as usual Aim hasn't been able to tell me what specs of sender (i.e. frequencies??) that the receiver is sensitive to.   ???  ??? Anyone know?

went for test drive with new dash.

all seems ok, nice and easy to read,only problem i had was rev counter reading double ,[my fault changed settings the other day and forgot to change back]

problem now is that the dash is in car and computer is in house :bangshead:  have not got a laptop yet .

will have to go and get one now or get a very long usb cable. :bangshead:  :bangshead:

:durr:

now thats a good idea

need to get central heating sorted out there first. :D  :D

Well, trying to be nice here, but there isn't really any comparison :) The Digidash is impressive for how quickly it has come along and is still being enthusiastically developed, but it doesn't hold a candle to a system that has been through ten years of hardware and software evolution.

Graeme.

Well, trying to be nice here, but there isn't really any comparison :) The Digidash is impressive for how quickly it has come along and is still being enthusiastically developed, but it doesn't hold a candle to a system that has been through ten years of hardware and software evolution.

Graeme.

I think "there really isnt any comparison" is harsh, the Digidash (and Digidash 2 which looks a lot nicer if the aesthetics are a concern) may not have the nice LCD screen but it does have the big advantage of full logging and all the warning lights etc you need for a road car which the MXL Strada doesnt have I dont think?

Its probably fairer to compare the Mychron 3 and a Digidash as they are more similar in price and features. Ive not had a huge amount of experience with either but having driven cars with both installed on several occasions, in my opinion the Digidash has a much clearer display of information compared to the Mychron which can just look like an LCD full of random numbers at times, although the Digidash loses out on the PC software side for extracting and manipulating the data, the Mychron software is a lot slicker.

Chris

The MXL (inc Strada) has six fully configurable high/low warning lights (light to the left/right of the display).

When comparing -

DD2_cutout.jpg

with

product_mxl_pro.jpg

and software which is basically Excel spreadsheets in the case of the Digidash to a fully developed analysis package I don't believe the two systems remotely compare.

Having tried to decipher meaningful logging from a Digidash, short of scattergraphs and very rudimentary lap time analysis, it is very argriculatural to say the least.

I respect what Digidash have managed to accomplish and I know how much software development costs, however, I stand by what I say when I don't believe the two units are even in the same league.

Graeme.

Fair enough, I know what you're saying about the comparison of analysis tools but if you're only buying the Strada there's no benefit to having that available as there's no logging data to analyse :p

All Im saying is that to get any level of logging with an MXL you're going to need to spend over a grand which is a fair bit more than a Digidash, therefore its no suprise the MXL is better. Horses for courses and all that though  :t-up:  :)

Chris