• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gee_fin

• Nick M

• pete g

• SADDLEWORTH

I am also looking to buy one of these. I looked at a couple of places in the states but didn't have any joy finding them any cheaper than the UK.

They are available in the UK from

dataspares

for £635 + VAT.

I'd also be interested if anyone knows where they can be found cheaper - either here or abroad.

cheers

Paul

you may have missed the boat as they say ,prices have shot up by loads in usa .should have got it before christmas. :(

Have you tried Plays Kool ??? They used to be able to do some Mychron units  :)

Plays kool have fitted quite a few  mychrons - worth considering IMO , especially if you want fitting as well

contact number on 'speed series' tab from home page

beware AIM are trying to stop people from buying from the usa ,uk dealers have got the A***.

so you may have a little more trouble getting a dealer to send it to you.

but its not impossible :D  :D  :D  :D

About £500 from;

Cheap MXL

Try to work out if my mate in the States takes and order and then posts to me as a "gift" whether I'll pay duty. :devil:

Carl would you be able to get me one or will they sell direct to me  :D

Thanks Paul.

Paul,

should have made myself clear.

I don't have a connection with the shop but I have a mate in the USA. Might get him to order me one. He'll take delivery and then post to me.

I think I may have a good chance of getting round import duty.

as long as it's marked as a gift should be able to avoid the duty.

Carl

Sorry Paul, I don't mean to hijack the thread! but if your friend could get one and post to you I would sign up for one if at all possible. I could get the cash to him via paypal or something.

I'll email the shop and see if they will post to the UK. I did find a dealer who would do this and mark it as gift but the wanted $1700 for a strada.

cheers

Paul :p

think you will find that shop will take payment from yourself and will send it onto address in same country [ a friend],[so technically a gift,and therefore no problem with most shop owners]then they will have to post it on to you.how you declare it is up to you. :p  :p

having said that shop may be able to send direct ,as long as you keep it quiet. :devil:  :D

Arrrgggghhhhh,

I'm getting sucking into a potentially expensive bulk buy!!!!!!!

My mate in USA will have no problem in recieving a delivery from the shop and then fowarding to me.

Carl

:D  :D  :D

Pete's suggestion makes sense - buy direct and deliver to a US address that could forward it on. If your friend could do a favour and sent it on I'll buy him a pint when I'm next over there!  :)

Arrrgggghhhhh,

I'm getting sucking into a potentially expensive bulk buy!!!!!!!

My mate in USA will have no problem in recieving a delivery from the shop and then fowarding to me.

Carl

BULK ORDER :p

already got mine :D  :D

will be fitting this week :p