• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gee_fin

• Nick M

• pete g

• SADDLEWORTH

Mr Saddleworth ....................... breathe deeply and take a look back at page 1  of this thread    ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  ;) there are some leads noted to follow up  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

Been a while sorting out the discount, sorry for the delay.

As a one-off for the initial order as they would like to see these out there in Westfield and in the Speed Series, we can get a decent discount (before we are pricefixed inline with the rest of the UK).

The prices for the MXLs would be -

MXL Pro (full logging + traction control + 8channels) £1,183.81

MXL Pista (full logging + 8channels) £942.56

MXL Strada (basic dash display + 8channels) £546.10

MyChron XG Log (MyChron 3 based logger + 4 channels) £563.30

prices + vat.

Ordering from the US (if you can find anywhere that will take your order) prices come out at -

MXL Pro £1,184.37

MXL Pista £955.82

MXL Strada NA

MyChron XG Log NA

Plus sales tax plus shipping plus the fact you're unsupported in the UK if you buy a US model.

mxl_gps.jpg

MXL series dash.

mychron_basic.jpg

MyChron 3 series dash.

I'm putting an order together now for these, if anyone is interested or has any questions please feel free to ask or ring me (07747 60 60 66). I'll have full technical specs and brochures on the site later in the week. To me, the system blows Stack out of the water and nothing comes close to it until you compare a £3000 Motec ADL...

Cheers,

Graeme.

All units come with the rudimentary array of sensors - wheelspeed, two temp sensors, IR (for laptiming) beacon/sensor, usb cable and initial wiring harness.

You can pick up various others readings from your ECU through the CAN/RS232 link or buy the other sensors as needed.

The initial fun, for us (and others) as mentioned, is that you can custom define the input channel parameters so you can endeavour to pick up your existing VDO/etc sensors on the car.

The Pro version has four wheel speed sensors so you can drive a traction control mechanism from their outputs.

All with 8Mb memory and customisable logging rates.

Graeme.

How does the traction control work? (its not a full ecu I presume?)

It's simply a dash / logger rather than an ECU.

It can accept inputs from ECUs but there's no output from the unit for traction or launch control, i.e. the unit itself won't limit wheelspin - it has to tell something else to do that.

The Pro version has four wheel speed sensors so you can drive a traction control mechanism from their outputs.

i.e. a separate traction control unit (not the MXL) can receive signals from the 4 wheel speed sensors and do its funky stuff.

The MXL doesn't create the traction control effect directly itself by sending a signal to th ECU - it merely provides the info to another box (maybe the ECU) which takes care of that.

At least, I don't think it does.

Yep, what I was inferring. The MXL Pro can provide the trigger, but not the actuation, in all honesty, the Pro units is not needed in any of our applications. It's the Pista if you want datalogging and the Strada if you want just a dash display.

Graeme.

Nyers. The "traction control" sounds like a bit of con.

I dont spose the analysis software uses the 4 wheelspeed sensors to plot yaw or anything like that?

Nick, did you make yours work with your stack sensors (water temp, oil temp and oil press) or use new sensors?

Shame the CAN bus thing doesnt work on the busa.

Cheers,

Al.

The bike looms are appearing thick and fast as the units are being actively promoted amongst the superbike series. Honda/Kwaka ones are already available, now waiting on the Suzuki/Yamaha ones to appear.

We'll have the Yamaha one done in a matter of weeks.

8mb doesnt sound very much, compared to things like the DL1 which have compact flash cards?

How much is the GPS module?

Does the gear indicator work, heard the mychron3 one was tosh.

Questions questions  :D

8mb is plenty :) You don't need to be logging temperature at 100Hz.... My previous logger had 4mb, you were stuck with sample frequency and it still did 2 hours, just configure the lesser needed channels to a lower frequency and you'll have a days trackwork stored easily....

believe mxl can record up to 314 laps of information

and 3 hours of storage time at 380hz sampling freq.

nick

have finally got unit in car tonight ,and quickly tested.

will finish off tomorrow and go for test drive :D  :D

about time i know

:p

will report back with results :cool:

pete

nick

have finally got unit in car tonight ,and quickly tested.

will finish off tomorrow and go for test drive :D  :D

about time i know

:p

Wonders will never cease.....  :0  :D  :D  :t-up: