0-60 times.

Bananaman

96 mph in 7.5 isn't really all that fast though, is it? You can buy plenty of cars straight off the production line that will match that

I don't think so Sam.......from Autocar's 0-100-0 competition....Westfield XTR2 0-100 in 9.16secs....Pagani Zonda 0-100 in 7.52  :0  now a Mini that can almost keep up with a Pagani Zonda to 100mph I'd like to see  ;)  or maybe it was 96kms/hr  :devil:

BTW: I have yet to strap the AP22 to my single seater (I will do it but mounting it where I can see to operate it is a b******* at the moment) but a rough timing to the Hollow speed trap at Gurston which I went through at 100mph was about 6secs  :0  :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• fastcarl

• samcooke

• gee_fin

didn't see ur post peterg , thanks , no its mph .

regards carl ,

ps i know you would like to see it ,every body does ,and anyone who does never forgets ,

Fastcarl, what's the spec of your mini ?  How did you get the A series engine and fwd to provide that much power and traction ?

tell me what you think is serious power and how much you thingk it would cost ,[just the engine ] and i'll enlighten you .

regards carl

not jet, i'm interested to know what a westfield driver call a powerfull A series,just curious, i know what a powerfull xflo , pintos, XE  make ,im not being awkward ,

regards carl.

im not being awkward

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Hate to see you when you are...

OK, here goes: A good imagination and Three half crowns :D

well i used to have a 1410s wood and pickett clubman. think it had an osselli head ? ???  skimmed block, decent cam, twin 1 3/4 SU's. lightened flywheel, backplate and rods. full straight cut gear set throughout inc diff. dog box. LSD.

dont mean to sound concieted but played with mini's for about 15 years, not much i dont know about them  ;)

serious power ? 150BHP plus. cost ? depends how you get the power. turbo is a nice cheap easy way. supercharging was till the price of blowers went through the roof.

893, spot on  three half crowns is the exact cost of the total build, how did you know ,do you know me ?.

Ok someone asked for a spec and how i managed to get good traction , so here goes [hope your reeding mr blatman ] were  talking Nitrous oxide , and lots of it .i'll elaborate ,1312 cc 5 port A series built to run on N2O. 120 hp off gas and another 100 hp on gas ,so were looking at 220 neddies but thats not all the car weighs 398 kgs [yes its a drag race mini].how did i get the weight down to 398kgs considdering i have an engine and gearbox that weigh nearly 170kg.Titanium and lots of Aircraft alloy .from the entire front subframe assy to the rear alloy beam ,everything has been remade in either titanium or aircraft alloy [ but still steel bodyshell] you name it iv'e re made it .the front subframe now weighs 9lbs compared to the 48 lbs as standard.

add to this wide rubber at very low preasure and i get phenomenal  grip using a gear that will get me to 75mph without changing up.

for those who are nitrous shy its a point to remember that it  has the ability to produce massive amounts of torque,hence the long gear.we are looking at circa 250 lbs of torque ,

this is how you make a mini accelerate like supercar,

by the way if any of you westy owners ever want to go truly lightweight let me know .

s8ight, sorry fella but there no such engine size in the A series,don't know how to insert smillies or i would,

regards carl. :

standard crank with 74.7mm triumph 2.5 pistons. sure you'll find that takes it out to about 1410. give or take a few cc's.

from what i can also remember about stroking cranks you can get about 30 different capacities usint the 2.5 pistons. 73.7-74-74.7 mm.