0-60 times.

Bananaman

What is the best way to time a 0-60 run?

Can this be measured on a Stack dash?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• fastcarl

• samcooke

• gee_fin

Yes, you can do it on Stacks and other similar logging units (Customautotech, SPA, Mychron) or you can buy an AP22 performance meter which seem to be very accurate ( http://www.seight.com/  for a review)

Most cheaply, go to a Run What Ya Brung day at your local drag strip (York?) which is about a fiver.

But remember - change UP when you're accelerating.  ;)

But remember - change UP when you're accelerating.

Is that forwards or backwards. :durr:

:p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

Not all Stacks have the logging facilities - mine (8130) doesn't for example.  But if you're confident the speedo is accurate and you have the data or performance logging options then it's certainly possible.

Drag strips won't give you a 0-60 time unfortunately - the only speed measurement they record is the speed trap speed just before the finish line.

AP-22 is best option because once it's set up (best done at a drag strip) it's repeatable and accurate.  Takes a few runs to dial it in so you get the same reading as the timing beacons but you can get within 1-2% with some careful fiddling.

The stack Rev Counter speedos have this as a software option as do the full dashes. as long as your measuring from the front wheel and you have an accurate mm for the wheel diameter (I use a piece of string around the tyre) this should give fair results.

For comparison the best my stack has measure was at Boscombe (rough runway surface) on sprint slicks at 2.98 seconds, but normally on slicks I get around 3.2's with a little wheel spin off the line.

Nick

I'm not 100% sure what model the Stack is in mine, I know it will do lap times with a beacon.

Andy

ACW do you get there in 1st or is there an upshift involved, I recon that With the 22" slicks on the rear & a 3.92 Diff I might just make it in 1st?

Drag strips won't give you a 0-60 time unfortunately

Sorry, should've been more clear - I meant you could work out a rough time through comparisons - most (all I've ever visited) strips give you 1/8 mile ET and speed as well.

For comparison the best my stack has measure was at Boscombe (rough runway surface) on sprint slicks at 2.98 seconds, but normally on slicks I get around 3.2's with a little wheel spin off the line.

:0

How fast?

:cool:

Andy

Is that forwards or backwards

you want to get some little stickers made Andy with up and down on them, then stick them above/below the gearstick.

:devil:

you want to get some little stickers made Andy with up and down on them, then stick them above/below the gearstick.

Done that been there, had the urine extracted. :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

Sorry, should've been more clear - I meant you could work out a rough time through comparisons - most (all I've ever visited) strips give you 1/8 mile ET and speed as well.

Agreed, and I see what you mean now.

I've just been watching too many top fuel dragsters and stuff like that where they're doing 60mph in no time at all  :0   Certainly before the 1/8 mile beacon !!

I would think you get about 3 secs.

And with that much power I think you should follow Mr A C-W and sod off out of class F :D

Jan

I ain't in the Speed Series let alone Class 'F'.

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Andy :p

However I may come & torment you next year. :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: once I've learnt how to drive the beast. ;)

Anyway back to the Question in hand, if I can log lap times with my Stack will I be able to do 0-60 times (if i get a beacon)?? ?? ?? ?? ??