0-60 times.

Bananaman

You won't need a beacon for 0-60. Just for lap times.

Andy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• fastcarl

• samcooke

• gee_fin

You won't need a beacon for 0-60. Just for lap times.

How do you measure the 0-60 then?

It'll be a function embedded in the Stack. My SPA speedo has it too. You *just* set it to time a 0-60 run.....but as has been mentioned, if the speedo picks up on a driven wheel/driveshaft, you won't get an accurate time.

If you had a beacon, you can do a 0-60 time, but you'd have to drive in a circle.............

If the unit data logs [but does not time 0-60 times like my stack]

Does it not work if you pass the beacon very slowly then stop the data logging is running timming the stopped bit and looking for the wheel speed [from the front wheel is best] then after a few runs down load the data and then view the results and plot the time agaisnt the speed.

Have only seen Peter C's logs for Cadwell close up but it would be close if it works like that you are only using the beacon to start the lap/run

Paul.

I know it will do lap times with a beacon.

If you have an average speed function and know the exact length of the circuit you therefore have a lap time  :p

Mark Owen

Motorsport Sales Engineer

Stack limited

Wedgwood Road

Bicester,Oxfordshire, OX26 4UL

Tel 01869 240404

Fax 01869 245500

www.stackltd.com

mark.owen@stackltd.com

But all said and done 0-60 times  are only K2RUM baiting and pub talk :D  :D lap times are the true test when you have gone under 1:30:00 for Cadwell you are good.

Paul.

But all said and done 0-60 times  are only K2RUM baiting and pub talk  :D  :D    

Nowt wrong with that. :devil:  :D  :D  :D

lap times are the true test when you have gone under 1:30.00 for Cadwell you are good.

Naughty Boy. :p  :p  :p

What time do you recon that you can do Paul. ???

Andy

You have the same stack unit as mine, well good as.

So you do not have a 0-60 tester.

We have a AP22, that you can borrow (depending where you live and as long as you look after it)

This just sit on the car some where, set it do as may 0-60 runs as you like then down load it to a PC have a look Here, we have been testing all sorts of cars.

Gimme a lend mister.... I reckon I can beat the SLR especially on slicks....  ;)

Adrian would you get there in 1st, looks like SLR changed up at about 50mph?

0-60mph.jpg