• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• fastcarl

• samcooke

• gee_fin

"I can p*** considerably further up the wall than yow."

Fact: No matter what car you have, there will always be something quicker, irrespective of what you have convinced yourself you have through spending ridiculous amounts of money.

Just be thankful it's quick and go about enjoying it rather than feeling the need to engage in virtual pub fights on a forum.

Failing that, at least meet in real-life, have a real fight about it, and let us bring popcorn and watch.  :t-up:

Was at Santa Pod today with a few other westies (mainly V8's) and they were posting some pretty good 1/4 mile times - low 12's.

Windy

P.s. I saw a mini being taken away on a trailer which people told me had just gone pop! Could it have been "Notsofastcarl" i wonder? :D  :p  :devil:

Thats a bit b***hy mr windy , no it wasn't me i was at scam dam helping a friend out , but tell me the colour and i'll have a guess who it was ,i know them all ,low 12s is good but not good enough.

Any div can nail a 100hp nitrous to an engine and turn decent quarter mile times. 120hp off gas from a 1.3 is hardly impressive is it now?

Just saw the sub £90k question - A caterham R500 is about £40k I think.

£8k worth of 200bhp westfield with a £600 nitrous job would utterly demolish 7 seconds to 100mph.

Sam, you have absolutly no idea the potential of nitrous oxide ,to put 100 hp jets in is one thing but to make 100 hp from it is another ,beleive me ,the engine is actually detuned to approx 120 so can use this much gas ,as you say the right westy on lots of gas will p*** it , but not on a 1300 cc unless its a BD something,im only guessing here but i'd say 95 % of westfields use engines bigger than this and more modern,if you want a chalange go get yourself an 1100 precrossflo and get 200 hp from it ,beleive me you'll get a lot more appreciation from people than those with Xe's and the likes . As an example to you reguarding engine size ,a regular at Harewood hillclimb and an aquaintance of mine Peter herbet has run his 1380 BDH westfield down the quarter and managed 12.5 odd. this car is reported to have well over 200 horses,bult by ex cosworth engineer Russ Coburn .

This is where i tell you that my mini is the fastest accelereting A series in the world and has  run at best  11.72 secs at  114 mph .

i'm sure i'm going to get panned for saying this but you sound like the vast majority[and i mean majority] of westfield owners who dont really know that much on the tech side and have enough cash to just buy what they need from suppliers but ultimatly make themselves look silly by making coments on subjects they really know very little about .this will hold them back ultimatly.

regards  carl.

who dont really know that much on the tech side and have enough cash to just buy what they need from suppliers

That's me! ... uncanny. It's not offen you see a sweeping statement that reflects reality so well - gosh.

Now, I wonder what the shiney aluminium looking thing that lives in the hole under the lift uppy thing at the front of the car is? An expresso meachine perhaps?

Oh boy.

JC