Keevil Track Day

adhawkins

:)

Improving the muppet is certainly first on my list. Considering an Academy day at Heyford with Motorsport Events in the summer. Might also get some tuition at Keevil if the weather isn't awful (and they've got intercoms).

Andy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

I had instruction from Motorsport Events in 2002.  They were very good, even without intercoms! I also had instruction at Donington last year in a similar manner.  For just £20 it is a bargain - especially when the Donington track day was around £150.  I got my instruction in early in the day, and then reaped the benefit all day long (well would have if the gearbox hadn't broken at lunchtime! )

Instruction really is the way forward.  Perhaps I could start a 2nd career in a few years time (once I've learnt to drive)

Yeah,

As long as I actually listen. I think part of the problem would be that I actually consider myself to be a pretty good driver (a mis-conception I imagine a lot of use have :D), which is probably my first mistake :).

Andy

Yeah,

As long as I actually listen. I think part of the problem would be that I actually consider myself to be a pretty good driver (a mis-conception I imagine a lot of use have :D), which is probably my first mistake :).

Andy

I'm sure you're right Andy... ;)

But what you will benefit from, and presumably they will give you, is instruction on how to drive on the track which is quite a different thing IMHO

I was talking about on track :)

Andy

:)

I guess (like a lot of us) I've always wondered just how quick a driver I really could be. It's only now that I'm getting a little closer to finding out the answer to that.

Keevil should be a really cool day, with lots of similarly spec'd cars together. I'll probably have a good idea of how lacking my skills are by around 10 am ;)

Andy

Andy

The worst/best thing to do, if you're brave enough, is to let one of the instructors have a thrash in your car with you as a passenger.  Then you can see how fast your car can actually go, and realise how far off the pace you are (or not).

Personally I never did (cos obviously they couldn't drive quicker than me, could they........)

Dickie

Personally I never did (cos obviously they couldn't drive quicker than me, could they........)

:D

Goes without saying ;)

Might consider that. Have to find out whether I've got a rev limiter (apart from the one that occasionally sits in the passenger seat ;)) though!

Andy

I think part of the problem would be that I actually consider myself to be a pretty good driver

Do you now? And has anyone ever told you that you are???

Damon Hill mentioned it once...

:D

Ok then, how about if I change it to 'quick' driver? Better?

Andy

ALL blokes are good drivers.......

And ALL Westfield drivers are good blokes......

Can't wait until the Welsh Wizard sees this... :)

Andy

ALL blokes are good drivers.......

And ALL Westfield drivers are good blokes......

Oh ok... maybe I'll agree with that. I guess men do have to be good at something! I'll allow them to have "driving".

Mrs H (but maybe not for much longer!;)