Keevil Track Day

adhawkins

Yes Neckie will be there in his Fluro Yellow Caterham.

I did not say I did not like Tin Tops, in fact we love it as it puts them in their place. :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Blatman, I think it was in the mag one or two issues back.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

Was it mentioned or advertised in Westfield World? If not, then that won't have helped. There are *lots* of members who are not web enabled, but who I'm sure would like to have attended.

If it was advertised in WW, then I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

I don't know if it was 'advertised' as such, but I'm sure he'd have mentioned it in the area round up bits...

I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm fairly sure I read something in there.

Of course, if WW were available on the Web for members, that'd make things a little easier :)

Andy

Yes Neckie will be there in his Fluro Yellow Caterham.

Cool, I can have a look at 'my' seats :)

Actually, I'm gonna be looking for some at Stoneleigh myself, so he might have to decide soon :)

Andy

Mentioned is one thing. Having a decent advert (which would be free, I'm sure) to properly advertise any events such as this is quite another. I myself read everything in WW, but plenty of folk don't, so it'd be easy to miss if it's mentioned deep inside an area report.

I'm not criticising, BTW, just throwing some ideas in to the discussion, trying find out if we could do anything to improve attendance at events laid on for us by 3rd party companies, so that they are well supported and we get asked back.......

Yep, certainly sounds a good idea to me...I think it would be very cool to have a day full of only 7s...

Maybe one day. :( (and yes, I know there's the WSCC days, but I'm an adopted Southern Softie, remember? :D)

Andy

I would really like to come to this day but I think I'll have to give it a miss untill my engine has been RR mapped, dont wanna give it beans and blow it up :0

I was thinking of going, but I have a touring holiday planned for the following weekend courtesy of oioi - up norf...so that combined with my noisy exhaust - the wunoff hasn't been made yet - (still waiting for them to call back) means that I may be just a speccy or even a passenger at a squeeze

Bah, get the exhaust chased, fitted, and get the car along. Best introduction to driving a Westfield 'fast' that you're likely to get. Also, you won't have to worry about all those tin-tops getting in your way :)

Andy

Mentioned is one thing. Having a decent advert (which would be free, I'm sure) to properly advertise any events such as this is quite another. I myself read everything in WW, but plenty of folk don't, so it'd be easy to miss if it's mentioned deep inside an area report.

I'm not criticising, BTW, just throwing some ideas in to the discussion, trying find out if we could do anything to improve attendance at events laid on for us by 3rd party companies, so that they are well supported and we get asked back.......

I agree with you Blatman.  There is far too much emphasis on this web thing by Club members, whereas an awful lot of people don't use it, or so rarely as to make it useless to them.

Not sure I agree there Dickie (now we've met I feel I can safely argue with you :D).

There are probably three classes of members I would guess.

1. Get the mag and not much else.

2. Are on the web and use the boardroom a lot.

3. Get involved in local events.

I guess there will likely be some overlap between groups 2 and 3 (initially I used the web as my preferred 'club' access point, whereas now I'm trying to get more involved in local events, getting along to watch the Speed Series, that sort of thing).

IMO, people are missing out on a lot by not being involved with 'this web thing', but that's not to say that the club mag should suffer as a result (it's the only way guaranteed to get a message to all members after all).

Perhaps we need to encourage Tony to make more of a big deal over these exclusive days in Westfield World, so that we can try to ensure that the take up is good on them.

Just my $0.02

Andy

Andy

Agreed:

people are missing out on a lot by not being involved with 'this web thing'

But, the key point:

the club mag is the only way guaranteed to get a message to all members

Dickie

:D

Yep, I was agreeing with you there :)

It was the 'too much emphasis' bit I was disagreeing with. There is far much information available on here than we could ever realistically expect to see in Westfield World. The more people know about it (I imagine there will be a fair percentage of members that might not even know the boardroom exists) the better. When I finally get around to writing my WW article about it, maybe that will be addressed :)

Anyway, back to the point, let's hope for a good turnout of Westfields at Keevil, and better weather than my last two airfield days!

:t-up:

Andy

:D

Doubtful, I can't drive the car to its current potential yet, no point making the car better until the muppet behind the wheel can keep up :)

Andy

no point making the car better until the muppet behind the wheel can keep up

It's far cheaper to improve the muppet, but offends our sensibilities.  So we all improve the car instead.  Reminds me of a time when I beat a 190 BHP Westfield in my 80 BHP Locost at a Curborough sprint (no names of course)