Keevil Track Day

adhawkins

I know surge is only a problem on corners, but there was (from memory) one (or perhaps two) corner at Keevil where an upshift is possible, so I was talking about not over-revving the engine while accelerating out of those faster corners.

As to rod bolds, I imagine they're the standard ones.

I'm starting to wonder again whether I should be fitting a proper baffled sump (Raceline one springs to mind) cos I'm hoping to be doing more trackdays this year. I guess that'd be the time to also replace the rod bolts (from what I've read on here)?

Still doesn't explain why I seemed to be reaching 6k revs in 4th at about 100 MPH (or perhaps I was just too excited to read the speedo correctly at the time :D).

Andy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

Er, isn't your car a factory built somethingorother? If it is, I'd be surprised if the ECU didn't have a rev limiter built in........

It is, but I don't think it's got anything fancy in as an ECU. It's called a 'Sport 2000', but it's running on carbs.

How do I know what ECU is in it? The previous owner certainly thought it didn't have a limiter :D

Andy

That would assume I know what one looks like ;)

Where would it be mounted?

Andy

You mean you've done all these searches, some of which have pointed to companys who make ECU's, and you've never bothered to look? :p

It's probably mounted under the scuttle somewhere.......

Pictures of a DTA ECU can be found here....  :0

Under the scuttle. Ah, joy :)

Hey, I tell other people to search, you don't expect me to do my own do you? :D

Andy

Back on topic, I understand that there are still a few places left at Keevil on 10th May.  Be nice if you fellow Westy owners would book it up so that we don't have to go on the track with some muppets in tin tops.  It's a good circuit and Motorsport Events are very well organised and make things very safe by being pretty strict.  Go on - you know you want to.

Second that. Come on guys, let's pack the place out.

Andy

I understand that this day has now been opened up to other cars.

Come on guys, if you're thinking of going and haven't booked yet, now's the time. Let's get as many Westfields out there as we can.

:t-up:

Andy

How many Westfield????

Have just spoken to Motorsport Events and can not believe only 22 Westfields.

So they have opened it up so we can look forward to more Tin Tops than Westfield's.

People moan that they do not like it when they do days with Tin Tops etc but when there is a Westfield only event they do not support. And I think someone commented on the fact that I had invited a Caterham driver.

Not sure to be honest, Tony might know.

Andy