Keevil Track Day

adhawkins

when it was being towed around the 'paddock' by a Landrover

Ah, so Blatman was towed by a LandRover and then drove a Rover K Series.  Blimey, didn't realise it was that bad a day...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

Blatman,

Yes you are correct in Baro pessure etc etc, also temperature and wind direction.

We have our own meter which I am in the process of getting recalibrated, may be ED should produce Cert to show when last calibrated etc etc.

We were also going to question the way the test was carried out as if you are going to do these test then following the motorsport guides (distance and angle).

At the end of the day ED and his meter are GOD.

Nice to meet you by the way.

Mark

At the end of the day ED and his meter are GOD.

Excatly. Which is why I didn't argue, but smiled, said thanks, and drove away slowly.

Nice to meet you too. Still got a headache from your colours cheme though! You should get sponsorship from Nurofen, I reckon :D

Blimey, didn't realise it was that bad a day...

Wasn't that bad. Got the clutch unstuck, which saved me having to take the engine out, which was a good thing.

Spinning a K series car on the outlap wasn't my finest hour though..... :oops:  :oops:  :blush:  :blush:

Dear Westfileds club

I'd like to say thank you for making Monday's Keevil a nice and enjoyable day. I knew it would be fun and good natured by the waves I got as I dropped off the GF before returning to the track in the morning (I'm not one for rivalry between the many 7's of the world).

Keevil has a really nice layout with loads of corners that became more interesting as the track dried, I only managed one spin rather than my normal 2.

As to the noise limit and the testing that was carried out, I've been to over 20 of Ed's track days now and they try their best to suggest how to get under the limit.  I watched several cars get tested and they where done at the right distance and angle (Ed's been in motorsport all his life so he knows how to do it).  

It was a strange day and I think the wind direction and a wet surface didn't help.  A lot of cars did sound very loud that day and I think that the wind direction that day was unsual, as it normaly blows down the runway not up it.  I carry my own sound meter and check regularly and compare readings with MSE readings (never had any real difference).

Anyway the day was great fun and I think everybody enjoyed it.

The furry car is now drying out as I stopped off a few miles outside of Devizes (nice pub) and then got caught in an amazing thunder storm that washed out and flooded several of the roads I was on.

Hi  C7mle (!;)

You got a wave because your car is so distinctive!! (And we know you!;).

Glad you enjoyed the day and look forward to seeing you later in the year (when your car has dried out!;).

We don't hold it against you 'cos you have a Caterham! (Good to have a variety - in case the diversification police are watching!!;)

All the best :laugh: