• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

Yeah, understand...

I got a new silencer last year specifically to meet the noise limits on the local airfields and at Combe.

Andy

I was going to say it, but managed to bite my tongue :D

Andy

I bet Tony S (AO) is a bit P***** at lack of support.

It may be that Motorsport Events will not offer exclusive further events.

And Tony was hoping they would offer Castle Combe as an exclusive event.

I bet people would all want to attend then.

:(  :(  :(  :( :

I may be  up for it but my car comes close on the noise limits (98dB at 4000rpm, 101dB at just over 4500rpm.)

Does Keevil do drive by checks?

I possibly have a day at bedford next tuesday so will have to wait to book after that in case something breaks and I don't get a chance to fix any problems. Then there's possibly a day at Brands on the 12th! :D noise limits there shouldn't be a problem :)

Been to 3 Motorsports Events airfield days and never any drive by checks.

I've been blackflagged on a Motorsports Events day on driveby, despite having passed the static test at the start of the day.

Not Motorsport Events fault for having low noise limits, you understand, they just want to protect their venues.

Yes its bike engined, and I've had 3 different silencers on it, normally at 150quid a go. Next plan will be to remove the fuel tank, fit a track/sprint tank above the diff, and fit a 2nd silencer where the standard fuel tank used to go.

But I'm waiting till I can't think of anything better to spend the cash on....

I've been blackflagged on a Motorsports Events day on driveby, despite having passed the static test at the start of the day.

Reckon it must be loud in anger then.  Seen people just sneak under the static limit but never seen anyone black flagged for noise.

Did you pass the static at 3/4 revs or did you cheat at 4,500??

I bet Tony S (AO) is a bit P***** at lack of support.

It may be that Motorsport Events will not offer exclusive further events.

Yeah, I'm sure he his. I wonder how close we got to filling it though? If we're just a few short maybe there's hope for future events.

It would be a shame if they didn't do it again though :(

Andy

FWIW, I believe Caterham could'nt quite fill their 35 car allotment at Heyford Academy last Saturday. Which I wanted to attend but given the thumb's down it would seem, don't know why :angry:  :angry:

Ian

Ad,

I think we needed 35 to keep it a closed event.

May be we should invite friends who have Tin Tops then at least it is people who are known.

Not doubt Tony will mention it at the meet this Thursday.

Yeah, maybe he can shame some people into a last minute booking...

I don't know anyone else who goes to trackdays really...

There was a guy on the Motorsports Events forums asking if he could bring his Caterham (it's a furry one apparently). Maybe he'll already have booked if so. How about your mate with the Caterham (or did you say he's already coming?)

Just read the modifications to your previous post (don't do that, I've only just seen it ;)) and I'm shocked at only 22 people booking in Westfields. I can only agree with you, I also don't like being on track days with tin-tops (a lot of them are straight line junkies which is annoying in a 7), so when I heard of this I booked ages ago...

Andy

Yeah, I'm sure he his. I wonder how close we got to filling it though?

Was it mentioned or advertised in Westfield World? If not, then that won't have helped. There are *lots* of members who are not web enabled, but who I'm sure would like to have attended.

If it was advertised in WW, then I'm surprised it isn't more popular.