Keevil Track Day

adhawkins

Felters, only full size picture I have is the one in the garage, which was just after we had finished. However at weekend will take some real pictures. These will appear on web site below shortly.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

For those that may be interested, 7 or 8 of us from the Warks area have booked with MSE for their academy day at Upper Heyford, July 17th.

Would be good to get a few more Westfields there. At £99 its really good value me thinks

Do you know anyone who's been on an academy day? What exactly do they cover? How much driving time do you get as opposed to just being talked at?

Andy

Hoping to go along with several of the Bath & Bristol Group.  Only if I can cure the awful misfire that's with my car right now (see this thread)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know anyone who's been on an academy day? What exactly do they cover? How much driving time do you get as opposed to just being talked at?

Andy

Andy

I see you have enquired about this? From what I was told by Tasha there is plenty of driving available on the day.

Why not join the 7 or 8 (so far) of us from the Warks area on the 17th July? NOTE This track day among others organised by MSE has been put into magazines like Which Kit so places will no doubt start getting snapped up pretty quickly.

Hope to see you there

Nige  :D

I'm definately considering this. Perhaps I should just decide to do it :)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Near Bicester, not far from the M40.

Andy

could someone tell me what the circuit is like? my car is only geared for about 100 max! are the straights long ?

thanks

I didn't leave 4th gear in my car, which equates to about 100 MPH.

Andy

You not getting full throttle? 195-50-15 tyres, a type 9 'box, a 3.62 diff and 7000rpm has 4th good for 130mph, according to my trusty gear calc programme........

Silly me. I forgot. It's a Zetec.

Taxi......  :p:p:p

Well, there's no limiter on my car, so I change at 6k to be safe, not sure what the actual 'safe' limit is. Also, it's an MT75, not a type 9. You got the diff ration right though, so I guess 1 out of 3 ain't too bad :D

I can't honestly remember how many revs I was pulling in 4th at Keevil, but at Hullavington (my second airfield day last year) I was getting very close to needing to change up in 4th once the track dried out properly.

Andy

MT75 still has a 1.1 4th gear though I think, so the calc will be the same. A 6000rpm limit has it topping out at 112mph.

Zetecs should be safe for 7200rpm, IIRC. Do a search.....  :D:D:D

Hmmm...don't think I was getting up to that speed at Hullavington, and I thought if anything my speedo was over-reading (not recalibrated it since dropping the tyre size down slightly.

Some investigation required I think...

I might chance 6500 next time then...but I also don't have a 'proper' baffled sump, so don't wanna stress the engine too much on track.

Andy

Baffled sump on a straight won't do anything. You'll only get surge under braking and cornering (and before anyone starts, I know acceleration surge is possible, but bot normally when the car is in motion already........). The biggest concern is the rod bolts. Do you know if you have standard, or AP rod bolts fitted?