Keevil Track Day

adhawkins

Oh ok... maybe I'll agree with that. I guess men do have to be good at something! I'll allow them to have "driving".

We let you "have" shopping, ironing and cleaning up. S'only fair......  :0:0:D:D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• conibear

We let you "have" shopping, ironing and cleaning up. S'only fair......  :0:0:D:D

I guess one out of three isn't bad for me then!

She's fibbing again.

Tesco do our shopping for us, and a nice man brings it all in a van!

:)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to shoot along 2moro to have a watch and meet a few others....a couple of questions

What time is first session?

Which entrance is everyone using?

I remember from years ago when rallying there, that you use the back gate to avoid disturbing the villagers, only trouble was the gate had to be closed to allow the event to use the bit of the peritrack by said gate?

I'm planning to spectate too - I beleive that the "drivers briefing" is at 0930, so cars should be on track around 1000.  I think the entrance is on the Western side of the airfield, close to the village of Steeple Ashton (actually just south of the village I think, can't remember exactly).  Once you get there, Motorsports Events will post signposts, usually black arrows on a yellow background, which will point you towards the pits.  I was at Keevil last year, and spectators could still get to the pits once the track was open.

Simon.

As I'm not able to come to this (ECU problems with car & now work commitments), it's bound to be a dry day - my record so far with MotorSport events days is 100% wet when I turn up.

I hope it stays dry for you all & you all have fun.

Cheers

Chris

:)

So that's why the bolt at the bottom of the exhaust has all but disappeared!

I presume that was my first session, as we engineered a solution to that for the remaining sessions (Ok, I tightened the bolts up properly).

Nice meeting all the people I met up with today, particular thanks to Dave Wynton for helping me install my new Max Power exhaust, and all those who helped with advice, tools and brute force.

Apologies for failing to remember the names of all the other people who helped out, but I'm crap with that sort of thing I'm afraid!

Shall we club together and buy Motorsport Events a new noise meter? :D

Andy

It is a LOVELY noise meter, my blade with new R1 can modification measured 98.4 much to my surprise. If I'd known it was gonna pass I would have turned up at the crack of dawn and got a whole day in. As it was, the 2 hrs I had this afternoon were excellent..... :D  :D  :D  :D

Hands up who loves track days ...... :D  :D  :D  :D

Anyone got any pics of me motor????

Nicko

My word, what revs was that at Nick?

I know what its meant to be at, but what was it really at!

Mine was measured at 116Dbs on Motorsport Events noise meter with the same R1 can!!

Shall we club together and buy Motorsport Events a new noise meter?

They had 99 quid out of me for free, so they can buy their own one! Or some new batteries for the one they have...

You didn't get away with a 4500 RPM test did you Nick? :0

Andy

They had 99 quid out of me for free, so they can buy their own one! Or some new batteries for the one they have...

Good point. By the time I got out on track it was near lunchtime, so I still haven't got a full days worth out of them! :)

First two days I did with them were rain affected, and now this time I have to spend all morning making the car look daft ;)

Andy

and now this time I have to spend all morning making the car look daft

I'v spent a life time making mine look daft, so it was only me looking daft for most of the morning. No change there then...