Peak District Christmas Dinner @ The Crispin, Great Longstone Sat 2nd Dec 2023: 12.30pm for 1pm

AndrewBClarke

Yes Margaret and I are up for this depending on hip op timing.

great idea 👍

• Like 1

Hi @AndrewBClarke thanks for arranging, please reserve two places for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ianali said:

Are we gonna need a bigger room? 😊

Getting close. Thought 38 would be plenty!!  If the ‘maybes’ all confirm then there is only a couple of spaces left!! Then I’ll have to start a reserve list 🤪. Bring it on. 😁

• Haha 1

On 01/10/2023 at 20:13, Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO said:

Yes Margaret and I are up for this depending on hip op timing.

great idea 👍

I've put it in diary for then.

• Like 1

• AndrewBClarke changed the title to DON'T MISS OUT - 32 of the 38 spaces are taken!! Peak District Christmas Dinner @ The Crispin, Great Longstone Sat 2nd Dec 2023: 12.30pm for 1pm
  • 2 weeks later...
  • AndrewBClarke changed the title to DON'T MISS OUT - 34 of the 38 spaces are taken!! Peak District Christmas Dinner @ The Crispin, Great Longstone Sat 2nd Dec 2023: 12.30pm for 1pm
  • 4 weeks later...

Margaret’s operation got cancelled at the last minute😮

new date 30th November, so that’s us out🙁, she could still be in hospital.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO said:

Margaret’s operation got cancelled at the last minute😮

new date 30th November, so that’s us out🙁, she could still be in hospital.

Shame. We will post photos to make you jealous 🤪. Hope Margaret’s op goes well. 

• Like 1

I am just sorting out the menu and will shortly be posting it up here!! There will be the normal Christmas fare plus a range of pub food and lighter meals for those trying to fit in two dinners in a day. 

Any latecomers are still welcome to join us. Currently 32 plus@Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AOand Margaret in reserve if they can make it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok here goes - these are the members who have said they are coming (in order of invite acceptance :) ) -

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman, @Rob Hunter - Club Secretary , @Trevor Little (Trevturtle) - Treasurer and Kirsty, @Glynn Walters, @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative and Glenn, @Labratand Gemma, @Steve Bosworthand Vicky, @HB46443, @ianali, @BillyPeeand Sarah plus Bill Senior and Sue, @Phippsy, @si_salisbury, @aegand Becky, @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AOand Jenette, @Chris Emmand Mo, @Nick Mucklowand Michayla, @Jakejmageeand Laura. @Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AOand Margaret are in reserve. That makes a brilliant 32 plus reserves.

Its time to make your mind up on what you would like to eat. Please can you take a look at the attached menus and the additional notes below and drop me a PM with your requests.

There are two menus attached - the main menu and another giving a lighter selection for those who are trying to eat two dinners in a day. There is also a full Christmas Dinner @ £16.50 and a vegetarian roast dinner presumably at about the same cost which are not listed on the menu. Desserts are £6.50 and will be listed on a board at the venue but if you would like any of the following it might be better to book one to make sure you get it -

Bakewell Pudding

Christmas Pudding with brandy custard

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Hot Chocolate Fudgecake

Cheesecake

There is also the option of ice cream - 2 scoops @£3.50 and 3 scoops @£5

I WOULD APPRECIATE CONFIRMATION OF YOUR CHOICES BY THE 22/11/23 SO THAT THE VENUE HAVE A CHANCE TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE TURKEY IN THE OVEN AND ENOUGH PUDDING!!

See you all there 12.30pm for 1pm

Looking forward to it

Andrew

The Crispin Menu December 2023.pdfLight Bites and Childrens Menu December 2023.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• AndrewBClarke changed the title to LAST CHANCE TO JOIN US!! Peak District Christmas Dinner @ The Crispin, Great Longstone Sat 2nd Dec 2023: 12.30pm for 1pm

Thanks everyone for their menu choices. I have informed the venue. Blinkin big turkey required - 18 servings! Two people have had to pull out so we are now down to 30. Latecomers are still welcome but at the discretion of the venue as I have now confirmed the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2