Peak District Run, Sunday 30 May, 10am Quackers

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

19 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

That's a long winded way of saying 'Julie has OCD' 'Park together'😃

Nothing wrong in wanting to get a great shot of our great cars! Though given your 'lockdown hat' colour scheme, I'm hoping we don't have to make a similar LGBT+ coloured line up as that will cause tempers to fray!

Your 50th birthday @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO was the last time we had this many cars out, I booked a table for 26 people, it was a fantastic day.

It was a good day indeed, thanks!

That's never 'straight' Mr Joint AO, my parking plans are doomed😛

We'll do our best!

Early start tomorrow, but really looking forward to it

2021-05-29 15.01.26.jpg

My son and daughter also decided they wanted to risk sunburn...  hope that's ok?

Is there a maximum number of westies allowed on this run 😎

Sorry @Julie Hall - Peak District AO I'm going to have to miss this one. (Poorly clutch brought me to a halt on a pre-meet test run this afternoon). Unrelated, I'm sure to last weeks issue. Unfortunately, I think the slave cylinder may have failed, so no over night repair. :down:

Nothing has fallen off still, so no magnet of shame. Though perhaps the drip tray of shame might be more appropriate after I squirted hydraulic fluid over a small piece of the Cat and Road!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

Is there a maximum number of westies allowed on this run 😎

Ask us on Monday 😗😗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I squirted hydraulic fluid over a small piece of the Cat

Poor cat. Need a trip to the vets?

2 hours ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

My son and daughter also decided they wanted to risk sunburn...  hope that's ok?

If they are members of WSCC then they are very welcome, if not then I am sorry, it's a no.

Arrgh, @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary, how very frustrating, hope you get it sorted soon.

@marcusb you can be car number 22, it would be great to see you

14 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

If they are members of WSCC then they are very welcome, if not then I am sorry, it's a no.

Arrgh, @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary, how very frustrating, hope you get it sorted soon.

@marcusb you can be car number 22, it would be great to see you

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO may I as why you are not allowing non WSCC members to join in on the drive?

Regards Ian

30 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

may I as why you are not allowing non WSCC members to join in on the drive?

Really? is that a real question?

Just now, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Really? is that a real question?

Yes Julie it is.

I find it surprising that on previous occasions your area has had other drivers than WSCC with you and in the spirit of the club it seems strange. 
We do not operate a closed door policy.

Or does the Peak area now operate an exclusive closed group policy?

Also, Quinten is our webmaster and so to encourage his family who could be members in the future.

I would request that you re-consider your decision and allow non members to join in.

Regards Ian

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Yes Julie it is.

I find it surprising that on previous occasions your area has had other drivers than WSCC with you and in the spirit of the club it seems strange. 
We do not operate a closed door policy.

Or does the Peak area now operate an exclusive closed group policy?

Also, Quinten is our webmaster and so to encourage his family who could be members in the future.

I would request that you re-consider your decision and allow non members to join in.

Regards Ian

Ian

It really isn't necessary to be so draconian in such a public manner. I suggest you owe Julie an appology.  Please think in the future before you make such a public issue.  I'm sure a pm would have been sufficient to make your point. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

your area has had other drivers

Who?

My decision is final and has been that way for a long time, it's members only. If what I do is not to your liking then I can operate without of this club, just let me know youtr decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neptune said:

Ian

It really isn't necessary to be so draconian in such a public manner. I suggest you owe Julie an appology.  Please think in the future before you make such a public issue.  I'm sure a pm would have been sufficient to make your point. 

Sadly not the first time an AO has been thrown under the bus publicly by the "AO rep" 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, neptune said:

Ian

Hi Neptune

I was merely asking why the Peak District Area was not including non wscc members. That decision in itself is rather draconian dont you think?

1 minute ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Sadly not the first time an AO has been thrown under the bus publicly by the "AO rep" 

Thanks Steve- do you have anything constructive to say??