Peak District Run, Sunday 30 May, 10am Quackers

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Just now, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Hi Neptune

I was merely asking why the Peak District Area was not including non wscc members. That decision in itself is rather draconian dont you think?

No I don't. 

1 minute ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Thanks Steve- do you have anything constructive to say??

Just stating a fact :)

Hope you Peaky cake munchers have a great day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My next door neighbour (aged 84) and his pet dog would love to join us in his Fiesta but sadly I won't let him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can't believe what I'm reading here. The AO of one of the most proactive and inclusive areas in the Club being publicly criticised by the AO rep. If this needed to be done at all it should have been done privately. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow, I'm glad I asked.  Enjoy tomorrow guys, hopefully see you all soon in different circumstances.

• Like 1

Apology received by PM from Tolf, the Peak District Area runs when led by me will continue to be WSCC members only.

Let's have a great day out tomorrow, looking forward to it 🤩

DSC09301.JPG.9eb47ad1535db5665da640265472e39c.JPG

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Apology received by PM from Tolf, the Peak District Area runs when led by me will continue to be WSCC members only.

Let's have a great day out tomorrow, looking forward to it 🤩

DSC09301.JPG.9eb47ad1535db5665da640265472e39c.JPG

I'm pleased and relieved in equal measure that this popped up

Looking forward to it! Lots of new people to meet, lots of friends to catch up with, lots of cars to drool over and of course lots of cake to eat!!! 👍

• Like 4

Probably a good job I live 100 miles away 'cos I don't really like cake. See you all tomorrow 😊

• Like 2

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day! See you all in the morning.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

My next door neighbour (aged 84) and his pet dog would love to join us in his Fiesta but sadly I won't let him.

Now more importantly how do we go about donating a membership to Julie's neighbour (and dog)? 🤣

• Haha 4

Has anyone got a drone they can bring along? The private road to the cafe, once off the main road would make a great scene when we all drive out? 

• Like 1

Sorry @Julie Hall - Peak District AO ... my child care has not been able to make it today 😞 

Having read through some of the other posts I'd just like to thank you for being you. Even during what has been a difficult time for me where I've been out of the loop you've still kept in touch and made sure I was fine ... that and the hard work you put into the AO role does not go unnoticed by the majority of the members!

I hope you all have a good trip out today and I can't wait for the next one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Julie, as an AO, her events, be they meets, or the more usual runs out and her area in general represent the absolute gold standard of how these things can be done within the Club. It’s not a coincidence that it’s often possible to find at least two or three other AO’s, present at the events, purely there as a guest, enjoying Julie’s organisation with our fellow Club Members, and no surprise to find the events as well attended as today’s.

Its important to remember that today’s, like many of the Peak District’s is a run out with, knowing Julie, several meticulously researched stops, at local small businesses in the Peaks. It is critical for the safety of all those attending, and for the public also present that control is kept and attendees know when to behave accordingly, and when fun can be had, hiding steering wheels and so on! Since I became an AO years ago, I remember being advised the best way to do this, was to make sure that attendees were Club members, and that these organised runs were one of the membership perks.

Local meets, in one fixed location are different, here, as a club, it’s true, we do encourage non-members to come along and chat to us, even come out for a pax ride, if they’re potential buyers. And the Peak District, like hopefully all our areas, is just as welcoming to these people - you’d struggle in fact to find better hosts than Julie and Glenn. But that’s a very different scenario to being part of a twenty car plus run on narrow Peaks roads and through occasional small Peaks villages.

It is testament to how well organised Julie’s runs are and how almost invisibly, it feels, we are kept in line, that bar the odd mechanical breakdown, they have always been incident free.

Just wish I was there today, in this glorious weather, as planned, rather than preparing to get the car on ramps to find out why my clutch decided to go awol yesterday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3