Peak District Run, Sunday 30 May, 10am Quackers

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

12 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

I’ll be traveling round the Lincoln bypass then A57 to A1 Markham Moor. Appreciate this route might be too far south for you but if not, please drop me a note and we can agree a suitable meeting point. 

Andrew 

ps. I don’t know if @AndyMM is coming but if so he travels from Cleethorpes which might be better for you. 

No sorry can't make this one have fun and lots of cake.

• Sad 1

Who'd be daft enough to go at the back of possibly the longest Peaky Blat Convoy ever?

tenor.gif?itemid=15371116

I best come out to play then!

See you all on Sun, I've had an early 'pass out'!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Hi, hoping to get to my first meet this weekend🤞I’ll be coming from leabrooks the otherside Matlock.

• Like 4

Damn - looks like I'm going to miss a really good one. Only got half a dozen pieces back from the bodyshop, so still several weeks away from being mobile

• Sad 3

I hope someone's warned the Peak District that the Cake equivalent of a plague of locusts is on it's way and about to decimate supplies!!

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I hope someone's warned the Peak District that the Cake equivalent of a plague of locusts is on it's way and about to decimate supplies!!

Especially with @Andy Westwood coming. He even managed to get the biggest bit last weekend. I’m having whatever he has. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yes, I have warned the owner of Quackers so they are coming in a bit earlier for us, they do amaze that we eat cake for breakfast, as if there is something wrong with it, 🙄 tut.

I have also warned the ladies at the lunch stop that we will have to go 'take away' style and eat by our cars as we will be too big a group for tables. 

Love the dog @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO am I right in thinking it is what they call a Westie? a West Highland White Terrier? Thank you for offering to be car number 21 in our convoy.

After @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary earlier comment about Stoneleigh, Glen has now named me Juleigh, it's gonna be a good day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

WHEN YOU ENTER THE QUACKERS CAR PARK PLEASE PARK ON THE LEFT WHERE WE SHOULD GET ALL 21 CARS IN A LINE

PREFERABLY A STRAIGHT ONE😄

• Like 6

Good idea Julie it's a great photo op for the calendar

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

WHEN YOU ENTER THE QUACKERS CAR PARK PLEASE PARK ON THE LEFT WHERE WE SHOULD GET ALL 21 CARS IN A LINE

PREFERABLY A STRAIGHT ONE😄

Good idea, but..........having been there once, I'm still not clear on exactly where the 'left' is?

Is it on this pic?

image.png.7ea2652e2b1b9a95b4df480e85c52d42.png

If who ever arrives first, successfully finds the left. I suggest they reverse park, very neatly and then appoint themselves as parking director and assist those who arrive after to park VERY neatly. 

I fully appreciate after the long drive some make to attend, you just want to park up, jump out, stretch your legs and water the flowers. If this is the case. Please return to your vehicle once you're feeling more normally and adjust your parking.

A nice smart line of well parked cars, will indeed make a great shot and just spending that extra 1 min to park neatly and precisely may sound picky, but can make the difference between a good photo and a great one!

If the 'boss' identifies exactly where left is! I'll endeavor to get their early and help parking duties.

Just, checking, is this 'straight'? 

image.png.decf25f33c76832738768f0a2e2c2697.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

That's a long winded way of saying 'Julie has OCD' 'Park together'😃

Your 50th birthday @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO was the last time we had this many cars out, I booked a table for 26 people, it was a fantastic day.

That's never 'straight' Mr Joint AO, my parking plans are doomed😛

Just don’t let Ian park your car for you! It has a history of not ending well!! 😮 🤦‍♂️ 😬 🤪

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Just don’t let Ian park your car for you! It has a history of not ending well!! 😮 🤦‍♂️ 😬 🤪

Who mentioned weigh bridges ?

• Haha 1

Ah but that was going forwards! Oh, wait... that's worse! :blush: :laugh:

For those meeting up at the services on the A38/A50, this is the route I'm planning to take to avoid Matlock and stay off the A6 as much as possible. 

Google maps link below (hopefully it works!)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/p4AwYHxqME4dbjJp6

(For those without Google maps, I've posted a turn by turn lower down)

It should take us about an hour (traffic permitting) so we'll leave at about 9am...

There is a fuel station and toilets at the services. 

I'm also planning to stop for a top up at Wirksworth Co-op petrol station to rid us of any "range anxiety" for the subsequent Julie's magical mystery tour of cake based destinations 👍

1. Head east
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Etwall Rd/B5008
3. Exit the roundabout onto Etwall Rd/B5008
4. At Toyota Island, take the 4th exit onto the A38 slip road to M1 North/Derby
5. Exit the roundabout onto the A38 slip road to M1 North/Derby
6. Merge onto Burton Rd/A38
7. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Kingsway/A38
8. Exit the roundabout onto Kingsway/A38
9. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Queensway
10. Exit the roundabout onto Queensway
11. Use the left lane to take the A6 slip road to Matlock
12. At Palm Ct Island, take the 2nd exit onto Duffield Rd/A6