Jump to content

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary last won the day on May 24

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3,991 Kneel before Zod!


About Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

  • Rank
    AO - Cheshire / N. Staffs, Club Secretary
  • Birthday 25/09/1968

Profile Information

  • Car Details
    Mega S2000
  • My Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    SEW shocks

    Given that Spax isn’t just a sponsor, but their MD is an active member of the club, @DamperMan with a frequently used Westfield, that’s been used to play with dampers as well, I’d be very tempted to I’ve Spax a go when it comes to needing fresh dampers.
  2. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    MHR Monty

    Many Happy Returns!
  3. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Peak District's Finest, Sun 17th June

    At least he can’t reach the pedals!
  4. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Peak District's Finest, Sun 17th June

    As much as I’d love to have joined you, I’ll be in a field in France watching other people driving funny little, and not so little, cars! Wonder if Bagpuss has a pet passport?
  5. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Recent snap of your Westfield

    Just given a fresh polish after washing earlier this evening, ready to head to France in the morning!
  6. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    C type project

  7. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Running Temperatures

    I’d also point out that VDO instruments aren’t always that accurate! So if they’re aggreeing fairly closely, you’re doing very well!
  8. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    New boy

    Welcome Brian, are you an owner already, on the look out for a car, or just fancied joining the club? (All excellent reasons for joining!
  9. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary


    There you go, the saving was worth the first three years of membership
  10. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Happy Cake Day Julie

    What I want to know is, with all the cake around, how does Julie know ones a birthday cake; does she have to check for candles?
  11. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Build Diary - BugMan's Sport 250

    Excellent news, well done!
  12. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Maverick Passed!

    Fantastic news Andy, look king forward to seeing Mav’ out and about again!
  13. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Mazda SDV, Build Number 3

    I’ve only used inertia reel in the factory demo car, and I found having them reversed, with the lock down by the right hip a right faff. Awkward, just in a different way to harnesses. The Schroths are so quick and smooth to adjust both in and out that they’re really easy to use. Also, I forget who, but someone once gave me a tip when using harnesses with. The quick release buckles; when you undo the harnesses to get out, immediately re-fasten the shoulder strap on the release buckle side. I find I do it automatically now. But it makes putting the harnesses back on again, strangely easier!
  14. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    Running Temperatures

    Yep, (hopefully not teaching you to suck eggs!) The fan switch has two temps, The on and the off temp, so yours turns on at 92 degrees, and off when it drops to 87. The thermostat then regulates the normal running temperature, but, it doesn’t “snap” open at the preset temperature, it takes a little while to open fully, so you really need your stats temperature to be at least a few degrees below the lower fan switch temperature, and it doesn’t harm things if it’s 5 or more degrees below, as long as it doesn’t get to a critical temperature before the fan kicks in. Zetecs being from the more modern school of engine design can run hotter than older designs like Vauxhall Red Tops anyway, so it shouldn’t be an issue to have the fan cutting in at mid to high nineties. (Assuming the engine is in a standardise state of tune, with a standard stat.)
  15. Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary


    Welcome, and congratulations! Insurance. Firstly, it is VERY difficult to compare insurance quotes, there’s just too many variables normally. Without knowing the mileage limit and any additional cover/circumstances, it’s hard to say definitively on the quote you’ve been given. But on the face of it, for the typical circa 4000 mile a year policy, it sounds expensive. A Plan are a club sponsor and cover many of our members, they have a specialist Kit Car department at Thatcham, note they are now known as Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services. If you join the club, you will get an additional 10% discount off your premium. They are excellent to deal with too, many of us having several vehicles through them. In fact I’ve just had to put a claim through on the tin top, a month or two back. It couldn’t have gone smoother. Note as well as A Plan, you also get discounts from several others of our sponsors, such as Northampton Motorsport and Playskool.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.