Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But that argument is true for most vaccines. People complain of flu like symptoms after a flu jab. But the flu jab is inert, just like the Covid vaccine, and the flu vaccine is only about 40% effective.

The "suffering" is the immune system calling the bodies defences to learn what to do, just like we all do when we get a cold. The point is that suffering caused by the effects of a vaccine is not transmissible, other than telling others about it.

Change Covid for Smallpox, or Measles or Polio or Hepatitis or Diptheria or Whooping Cough or TB (we all had a BCG, right?) and only a fool would argue that side effects of a vaccine rather than effects of an actual disease are any sort of argument against vaccination. Man up...

The BCG was sodding painful, but I still have both my lungs.

And as for the tracker, I'm betting most of those people have mobile phones and Facebook accounts and use shops and cash machines. Sadly there's no vaccine for stupidity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blatman said:

Sadly there's no vaccine for stupidity.

But if there was they’d not take it 🤣

It's the Dunning Kruger effect (look it up it is a thing) - proves you can be too stupid to realise that you are stupid 

3 hours ago, Blatman said:

Change Covid for Smallpox, or Measles or Polio or Hepatitis or Diptheria or Whooping Cough or TB (we all had a BCG, right?) and only a fool would argue that side effects of a vaccine rather than effects of an actual disease are any sort of argument against vaccination. Man up...

But that argument is flawed when all of those other diseases are FAR worse than the vaccination. For those under 40 you can't say that for covid cases. 

Even the governments advisors have determined the AZs risk vs reward ratio for that age group is not great.

Like I said I'm not trying to start a debate and I do think it's a little off of people to start calling people for having a choice as stupid. 

• Like 2

Choice isn't stupid. Choice is the right of everyone, no if's no buts.

The reasoning behind making choices can be. I have a LOT of experience of making stupid choices based on flawed reasoning or understanding...

1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

having a choice

I don’t think choice is the issue - in fact the right to choose is essential. I’d hate to live somewhere where we were all forced to get vaccinated. But this is a global pandemic the likes of which we have not seen in a hundred years. I believe we all should do our bit to help and thus it’s more than a bit selfish to refuse just because you think it might make you feel a bit rough for a few days.

I wholeheartedly support the right to refuse - I just don’t get why you would!

1 minute ago, Chris King said:

I don’t think choice is the issue - in fact the right to choose is essential. I’d hate to live somewhere where we were all forced to get vaccinated. But this is a global pandemic the likes of which we have not seen in a hundred years. I believe we all should do our bit to help and thus it’s more than a bit selfish to refuse just because you think it might make you feel a bit rough for a few days.

I wholeheartedly support the right to refuse - I just don’t get why you would!

+1

A friend of mine has died from Covid. Another friend was seriously ill from covid (I'm talking intensive care ill, and suffering months after coming out of hospital) so from my view point anyone who won't have the jab is worse than...... I'll leave that to the reader.

It might not save you from serious illness, but think what it might save your older contacts from. 

• Like 2

Don’t forget, being vaccinated isn’t just about reducing the likely severity if you should get it, it’s also about reducing transmission rates, too.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Don’t forget, being vaccinated isn’t just about reducing the likely severity if you should get it, it’s also about reducing transmission rates, too.

Exactly. I think that point hasn't been pushed hard enough by all the ads that are pushing the younger adults to roll up their sleeve. 

• Like 1

It occurred to me that we'll end up in a sort of 'Lord of the Flies' scenario. The seemingly immune young people feel that they can play fast and loose with the regulations, or opt out of the vaccine with little risk to their health. However the young can become infected and carry on with their God-given right to have fun with no significant symptoms, and return home to the parental homes where they live (with no real responsibilities to anyone), and infect their parents and grandparents. The older people, being more likely to suffer serious symptoms from the virus, variously become ill and die, or become disabled by 'long-covid' which renders them incapable of either working or looking after the feckless youth. Ultimately it is as if the youth has been cast away on an adult world (here the Lord of the Flies analogy comes in) with little knowledge or skills to manage their lives and no 'grown-ups' surviving to help, guide, provide, or most importantly pay for their new existences. Welcome, brats, to the real world!

Well I’m glad I took the advice from @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretaryfirst jab Thursday and apart from a sore arm yesterday morning, no symptoms to report. I don’t know if I’m lucky or the paracetamol before and after did the trick, but I do know I feel better than I did when I had Covid.

• Like 2

I think it’s quite simple really, if you offered the vaccine and you refuse then you stay in lockdown because you are at a higher risk of passing the vaccine on or contracting Covid yourself.

• Like 4

Had #2 jab this morning.

Perhaps a sore arm will absolve me from doing jobs! 😁

2 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

I think it’s quite simple really, if you offered the vaccine and you refuse then you stay in lockdown because you are at a higher risk of passing the vaccine on or contracting Covid yourself.

bl**** hell have we been moved into China :d

Where do you stop with that attitude though? Smoking kills you and harms those around you, drink, drugs, fast bikes, racing cars etc etc. Slippery slope with that kind of view. 

• Like 1