Att VX owners  !!!!!

scooby

Or you could do it on Cost.  I reckon I could get a Busa engine for about £2500 (or maybe cheaper but I will give you a chance).

So what sort of Astra engine and gearbox can you get for that ?

I have never paid over 350 quid for a 16v XE. The one currently in my car came out of an Astra that I ran for a few months, and then dismantled. I got more than my money back in bits. I am hopefully picking up another XE this weekend, and the bloke wants 180 sheets for it. I will be doing my very best not to give him 180 sheets for it...

If you pay over 50 quid for a type 9, you've been robbed IMHO. So ancillaries aside (bellhousing, sump, carbs etc and the Busa needs stuff too dont forget), 2500 is ******g rediculous..... :D  :p  :D  :blues:  :bangshead:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• mb893

• Blatman

• scruffythefirst

Did not say otherwise Nick. I think you are one of the more level headed ones on here mate. Just seems to me that some are making big claims for engines and have no intensions to use them. After all if I had a Ferrari I would want to drive it hard the same as if I made claims about how much power my engine was good for I would want to develop it. Too much talk = small dick to me.

Yes the Vx is one of the best no doubt about it will tune to silly BHP without needing a turbo but most people will just bung one in without doing anything to it. Now I am not saying that is wrong far from it but if the only reason for sticking in a 2000cc Vx is because it will tune to 300bhp does not wash with me. We will be back to the my Dad is bigger than your Dad stuff again. I take my hat off to you as you have done something a bit different to most and fitted a light 16Valve motor to your car with very good results well done. What gets me is the fact that some miss guided folk on here think that the only engine worth fitting on here is engine x or y and it’s not quite like that. Yes I like my Zetec and yes I know it’s not the best engine to get big power out of but it will deliver more power than I am competent to use to the full. I think that some of my comments about engines have been miss interpreted and some people have thought that I have said the Zetec is the best engine. Well if people had read my posts properly then they would see that is not the case. There is more to choosing an engine than the prestige of how much power you cannot afford. Keep up the good work with the 1600 mate and if it does not go further than 185 bhp then so what

;)

Too much talk = small dick to me.

*Checks post count*

*Checks down trousers*

*Heaves a huge sigh of relief*

Matt.

Nice one. Potential is just that until you spend the money.

It's just that a Zetec isn't worth spending money on.....  :p:p

Taxi.......  :D:D:D

:D I know I have a small dick it’s the way I was made :D  Still don’t have to brag about my engines potential performance to justify fitting it mate ;)

Matt - that's all *far* too sensible and I struggled to find anything to dispute  :D

Please try and be a little more controversial in future :D

In actuality, and I *know* I'm going to get lynched by the VX brigade for saying this..., I think the Zetec is the best overall option for a car which isn't going to be used in a more extreme form, like sprinting in one of the 2.0 classes.  For road use and trackdays it makes perfect sense because it's cheap, there are plenty around and, as you mentioned, not everyone will be trying to get 250bhp out of them.  A decent fuel injection system and you have a reliable, efficient and sufficiently powerful engine for most occasions.

Personally one of the main reasons I went for the 1.6 VX was that it was a little bit different and seemed to offer much better performance / cc than some of the other smaller lighter engines out there, like the Toyota or Krap Series. And yes, the Zetec.  For what I ended up doing to the 1.6 I could have built a 250bhp 2.0 VX engine, but that had been done before and, frankly, didn't appeal as much even though it would have been an extra 65bhp to play with.

At the end of the day, a car is there to be driven, not to be the source of "My dad's bigger than your dad" pub arguments.  Yes, the technicalities show that the VX is better than the Zetec, but when you look at the practicalities there is, realistically, little to choose between then.

Matt - that's all *far* too sensible and I struggled to find anything to dispute  :D

Please try and be a little more controversial in future :D

:D Now whos being nice  ;)

I must be honest I am thinking of building a 240-250bhp Zetec just to shut up one or two on here just for fun (you know who you are B*****N) :D I have the engine in my workshop at the mo just getting everything else sorted first brake suspension etc. Yes I know it would make more senesce to change engines at the level of tune but there is a certain satisfaction of p*****g past some one who thinks he has the only engine worth having with a Zetec ah Blatman (done it once and with do it again one day :p )