Att VX owners  !!!!!

scooby

Anyway i know the vauxhall is better but a westfield is not an engine its a complete package DONT FORGET THAT

No-one has. However, if you're going to compare engines this way, then for the sake of equality, one must assume that the cars the engines are fitted to are identically set up. In which case, the Vx wins every time, as you already know........yes a Zetec can be set up well, and it'll p*** all over a badly set up Vx, but the question was, what's the best engine? No mention of what's the best package........

Don't go back tracking 'cos you've just realised that you've bought *another* turkey.......when will you learn?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• mb893

• Blatman

• scruffythefirst

i bet even you misses is giving you grief for buying such a toss engine and i would put money on  her ford KA being  faster  :arse:  :t-up:  ;)

Thats because it's got a X-flow in it  :D  :D  :D

Sometimes lads I really do despair. Really. :down:

First Scooby replaces a lump of pig iron with an even bigger one. I only hope they paid him to do it. Then Nob urges us to put an engine from a shopping trolley in a car that's painted hearing aid beige...

Narrow body SEI. Toyota 4-AGE engine. Job done. Weighs nothing, goes like Jordan in the back of a stretch limo and never breaks down.  :love:

Don't go back tracking 'cos you've just realised that you've bought *another* turkey.......when will you learn?

Too Harsh Mr Blatters, Please dont go there.

Lets keep it light harted not insulting  :devil:  :angry:  :devil:

"lets not go down the all buy what blatters has route"

* Back to fun please as was intended, cant you guys have a laugh without going all serious, A car's a ******g car whatever the engine. *

You gets what you buy, you buy what you want.

CLOSE CAN OF 'UNINTENDEDLY OPENED' WORMS

*gets off soap box*

The answer to the question lies in who designed the engine, or most importantly in the case of the VX the Head - the answer - Cosworth.

Ford engines are generally breathed upon by Cosworth, look what happen to the pinto when they put a 16 valve head and a turbo on it :D:D:D but they did this for Vauxhall when they said they wanted to go rallying.  

In general you need to look at who is doing well in motorsport, mainly rallying and touring car, this will show you that you need to buy an engine that has been worked on by Cosworth - I am sure that the Duratec in the Focus will be better than the VX - or a jap engine, if you what to be able to get loads more power than standard.

:p

For those of you the like propaganda then listen to Blatman for those of you that would like facttry here :p:p:p:p:p:p

hmm cornish hill climb championship - number of entrants one, number of people who call there mother "sis" 27 :):);):D:p

OiOi

(ps - i am just taking the mick and dont want to belittle anybodies achievements in motorsport - they have all done better than me - no of trophies = 0)

pps - the Vx is still a better engine tho :)

edited - must learn to type

Well done Scooby, looks like you've lead the horse to water and made him drink!

I don't feel as though I can really offer any valuable comment to this thread....

I've not got any views is any direction  :D:D:p:p:cool::cool:

Well done Scooby, looks like you've lead the horse to water and made him drink!

LOL    :)  :D  ;)

Now the way I see it. The Vx is a great engine. Great for performance and great in mass :p . They are heavy but will tune to massive bhp per cc. That said it pays to think how much do I want. Most people would be very happy with up to 200bhp so do you need an engine you can tune to 300bhp ??? If you are looking for more than about 220bhp the Vx may be cheaper than the Zetec but one thing the Zetec does have going for it is that you can pick up a low mileage engine from a breakers yard for not big money and drop it in. With a Vx the chances of getting a low mileage engine are almost nil and it will have been hammered from day one as these engine have been fitted to the boy racer type car in the first place. So the Vx will need a rebuild to get the claimed performance before fitting. If thats the case the £500 just spent on the Vx a rebuild could have got you a set of cams for the Zetec ;) Its all down to what you want and if you cant afford or do not need big 220+ bhp then the Zetec may just be cheaper than the Vx (due to lack of rebuild) If you are impressed by brand/badge then fit an engine with the perceived prestige but then you would be driving a cateringvan ??? if the badge ment that much at the end of the day it don’t make a hole lot of difference on the road/track day. If you are competing up against 250bhp Vx motors then fit a Vx if not it don’t really matter don’t matter IMO

Too Harsh Mr Blatters, Please dont go there.

Lets keep it light harted not insulting      

"lets not go down the all buy what blatters has route"

You mis-understand. Re-read it, but with a smile on the face of that voice in your head.........

If you read it as an insult, it's you reading it wrong.......

heavy but will tune to massive bhp per cc

Eh??!!?? Massive bhp/cc - don't think so! ;) Points up thread a bit to John's posts about specific bhp.... ;):D:cool:

Not apples with apples tim thought it started as Vx v Zetec still if it makes you happy  ;)

If you are competing up against 250bhp Vx motors then fit a 280 bhp Duratec

:D Fair enough  :D

I have nothing against the Vx just circumstance dictated the Zetec at the time of build. I would now fit a Duratec as it will give all the power I need and will be light if I was building again.