Att VX owners  !!!!!

scooby

288_2.jpg

This is exactly the same kit and engine modifications that I have (but now at max boost), the only diference is that here a duel ball bearing turbo option was chosen (gives about 40 hp more).

Ric

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• mb893

• Blatman

• scruffythefirst

Unless I'm missing something, the torque scale and the bhp scale are identically plotted on this graph. Definitely not right.......

Been reading all this lot and yep I got bored at page 2 .......... however  :devil:  :D  :D

Why are folks so keen to see just how much BHP can be had for whatever cost  :zzz:  :zzz: out of whatever engine :bangshead: Whats the point  ???

Perhaps its just so you can say to the next guy "my car has 20BHP more than your car"  ???  ....... and so what  ;) your point is ???...........

Where are you gonna use it to its full potential  ???  ??? and how much of that BHP gets wasted in wheel spin cos you gotta run road tyres  :)  ;) and whats the point in having a car that is frightening when it rains  ???   ;)

And how many drivers out there can honestly put their hands on hearts and honestly state that they have the ability, skill and experience as drivers to fully drive their ultimate BHP beastie to its full potential, not just in a straight line but where it matters most, around corners  ;)  :devil:  :D

Its cold out, I'll put my fleece and coat on  :D  :devil:  :D Good old CVH  :devil:  :D  :D  :devil:

In my view, its not a competition for max power (or anything else), but its what you want from your car.

Some are happy with CEC engines (?), some with BEC's, some want track day speed and handling, some want comfort and cheaper running.

As they say in the States, it’s your chicken.  You do with it what you want.

As for the max BHP, it depends on the control. In my case I have a MSBC controller that can control the boost in each gear that helps a lot.  Besides, how many of us can actually drive their car its full potential, irrespective of its power.

Ric

and whats the point in having a car that is frightening when it rains  ???   ;)

Isn't that when you just switch one engine off ...?? :D:p;)

Or just go inside, put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea and wait for it to stop raining  :t-up:

You can read that as "I'm getting old and don't "do" wet and soggy anymore..."  :p  :D

You can read that as "I'm getting old and don't "do" wet and soggy anymore..."  :p  :D

Well, that and cos your car's the other side of the planet  now! :p;):D

The daft thing is that I spent months waiting for it to stop being hot and sunny so I could drive the thing without being roasted alive, and then the last time I drove it over here it bl**** well rained on me !!  :bangshead:

Still, it was fun, especially pulling out of T-junctions :D

Personally I like it wet, it only gets annoying when you have to get the leather out and wipe the inside...

Oh, it's a giggle in the westie as well... :p

..©

I've only just picked up on this thread  :0

Well f*ck me Scooby you've started something here  :devil:

you even tried to entice me in on page 2 or 3

I personally dont give a sh*te about Zetec v Vx v Sewing machine  :p

I just KNOW that my 2.0ltr Zetec yellow Westfield that i built myself is

THE BEST WESTFIELD IN THE WORLD EVER   :cool:

Taxi  ;)

Oh btw Scoob, when the long balmy summer evenings arrive soon, we'll pop over to Knutsford and I'll introduce you to Stevie D  :blues:

Marks comments re power etc are spot on (free t-shirt please  :D )

200 bhp is more than enough for a road going westfield IMCO and more importantly is a smooth constant torque curve (which the VX has) thought I`d slip that one in.

This enables average drivers (which we all are, admit it) to utilise the power and ensures that the car is driveable in most conditions with out absurd power bands etc spinning the wheels when you dont need it.

A quicker car or bike is the one that can measure and feed in the power progressively rather than it coming in with a whoosh so that you end up feathering throttles or backing off mid corner.

IIRC 330 bhp westy`s seem to be sold on quicker than a quick thing, I wonder why?

A distant acquaintance owned TVR`s for the last 20 years and ended up with a Cerberea with the TVR race engine :oops: He traded it in for a normal one within a few months as in the dry he would 360 it on roundabouts without trying. Undriveable on the road in his opinion.

200 bhp is more than enough for a road going westfield

seconded, mind you 200bhp is enough for just about any road car, if you want to drive it all the time.  

Whats the point of having a race engine in a road car, get it on the race track where it belongs......

12 pages, is that some kind of record?

Unless I'm missing something, the torque scale and the bhp scale are identically plotted on this graph. Definitely not right.......

Are they not two hp plots? or have I missed something...

200 bhp is more than enough for a road going westfield IMCO and more importantly is a smooth constant torque curve (which the VX has) thought I`d slip that one in.

So, your seeing reason at last! V8s deliver their torque in all the wrong places... low down, just were a light weight kit-car doesn't need it. :D:D:D

Oh, wait a moment! That means that certain light weight, low cubic capacity, sequential integral gearbox high reving engines deliver the torque just where a light weight kit-car does need it - high up the rev range. Hang on, I've just thought... "VX engine" and "Light weight" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - Gosh I needed cheering up, thanks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

John

Are they not two hp plots? or have I missed something...

I noticed this, but thought that this was a bit too obvious to state....   :bangshead:

Also as the BEC reves build, the power + torque comes in, that way the wheels have a chance of getting some grip before getting into the real power curve, which is also about the same point a CEC hits the rev limiter

:cool:

Ric

V8s deliver their torque in all the wrong places... low down

Oh dear,

Always wrong (sigh), still never mind look and weep....

Rover 3.9 on carbs

GRAPH4.jpg

4.6 on Holley, torque, loads of it, low down, constant, always there  :p All I need now is for someone to show you a well tuned VX graph :cool:  :cool:

wpe14.jpg