Att VX owners  !!!!!

scooby

Did any BEC's in any class set a faster time than that at Brighton? Have any BEC's set a hill or sprint record that's faster than the 2.0l class record? Not as far as I know........

So all this is based on 30 seconds of driving? :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear...

John

Edited for: :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D , sorry... Just tickles me pink.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• mb893

• Blatman

• scruffythefirst

Extrapolate, my dear boy. If it's behind after 30 secs, it ain't ever gonna catch up......  :p  :p  :p

Do any BEC's have lap records at *any circuit* that beats a simialr 2.0l CEC lap record? Again, I doubt it........  :p:p:p

So that's 10-15 lappers covered.

Did any BEC's win a JCC race last year? No. OK, that 30min and 60min races covered.

Did a BEC win the Birkett 6 hour race ahead of a CEC. No.

Did a BEC win the Nurburgring 24 hours ahead of a CEC. No.

Alright, slightly poor examples towards the end, but up to the JCC level, I'm right......

Your witness......   :D  :D  :D

It would only be fair if you sleaved down your Astra engine to 1.3L to make a comparison  

Ah, the sound of back peddaling.......you BEC boys want it all ways. You claim that BEC's are the way forward/better than CEC's/plenty of torque/quicker/faster/whatever than a 2.0l pig iron CEC, but when we get down to the nittiy gritty of timed performance figures, you go all coy......

The truth is out there......and it's measured in minutes, seconds, and tenths of seconds at every race/sprint/hillclimb track in the country.........  :p:p:p:D:D:D

As I've sad before, when a BEC beats a CEC by setting a quicker time in a level competiton, I'll be convinced. Until then, don't buy a BEC and expect to be winning trophies, or traffic light grand prix's against a proper car...  :p:p:D:D

Disclaimer. This is banter.......with a hint of truth......  :D:D:D

Based on that Blatters we are all wrong and need to get nice K series engines under our bonnets :-)

Whats level competition, you already want to lump 1300cc bike engines in with 2L cec engines. Why can I not enter my 1.3L in the below 1.4L class at most events ?

Most definitely Banter  :D

Has anybody actually seen more than 275bhp out of a duratec yet? (let alone 290 ??? )

The 1.6 VX does very well indeed, especially in it racing class, but it is still 50bhp shy of the 2lt - and I don't think the weight difference makes up for that (or does it?)

All of these power outputs you can only dream of on a Zetec though - and it still weighs as much!!! :p

...©

Yep 270bhp is about the limit of the Zetec but how much do you have if its less than that then you are luggin around all that extra weight for nowt. Oh yes I forgot you can tell people that your engine would be able to be tuned to 300bhp if you had the money. You must be proud.  :p  :D

Slap a cossie turbo in there and you can have 350bhp for the cost of a couple of zetec or vx cams.

Pah, normaly aspirated = rubbish, whoever makes it!

:D:D:D

The SBD 1600cc Westfield - Brighton Speed Trials 2002

256 BHP - 161 lb/ft Torque - ¼ Mile - 10.87 seconds @ 129 MPH

How many BEC out there would like to go to Brighton Speed Trials next year and see if they could better the SBD car. I dont think that even with two engines you do better than that. ;)

The SBD Vx was beaten well and truly last year, by . . . wait for it . . . not only a BEC . . .  but in fact a Dax BEC :D  :D  :D   Not beaten by a 1/10th, or 7/10ths but by a whole 2 seconds on one particular event !  ;)  Pretty much slaughtered, and the Dax driver had never driven that event before.

Right, my coat is on the hook over there . . .  :0

Pah, normaly aspirated = rubbish, whoever makes it!

At last!!! someone who's talking some sense.  :D  :D  :D  :D

John

LOL This is getting good.

I think my next car will be BEC, I WILL NOT BUY A VAUXHALL JUST TO P*SS BLATTERS OFF  ;)  :D  :D

*All in good taste*

Keep it coming

I WILL NOT BUY A VAUXHALL JUST TO P*SS BLATTERS OFF  

I never get p******** off by people who can't keep up.........except when they want me to wait for them...... :p:p:p

The SBD Vx was beaten well and truly last year, by . . . wait for it . . . not only a BEC . . .  but in fact a Dax BEC        Not beaten by a 1/10th, or 7/10ths but by a whole 2 seconds on one particular event !    Pretty much slaughtered, and the Dax driver had never driven that event before.

Didn't the Dax have nitrous injection? If so, it's not legal for circuit racing or hillclimbs. If it was *just* a well screwed together turbo/supercharged car, then fair enough. That's one, but is it the first cloud that signifies that winter has arrived for CEC's? I doubt it.....   :p  :p  :suspect:  :suspect:  :xmas:  :xmas:

It one of the dax turbo busa's i believe, 350bhp, 400kgs.  won everything it was in last year apparently.

I've been out as a passenger in the demonstrator and it damn near pulled my face off, gary says its the only car he's driven that still scares him, and i've seen his bike, he don't scare easily :D

from the dax site

Plenty of Harlow visitors gathered around Duncan Cowper’s remarkable championship-winning Rush Turbo’busa as well and were treated to a video of some of this year’s successes. So far this year, Duncan has clinched his class in the CCC Speed Championship – the main target for the season –some 100 points ahead of his nearest competitor. In fact, he has scored maximum class points and has only missed out on the overall title by one point because of a system which awards bonus points according to the number of people you beat in your class. Sadly, Duncan scared some of his class rivals away.

What is not generally know is that Duncan has been competing with a massive tyre disadvantage for most of the season. Now he has been able to obtain the latest construction radial Avon slicks in the correct size for the car and he is going even faster. In fact, the day after the Open Day he took the car to a North Weald sprint and beat all the single-seaters by more than two seconds for his seventh ftd of the year.

Having tied up the CCC class championship, Duncan finds he still has a chance of winning both the London Counties and Borough 19 championships, so he is going for a hattrick. Next season he hopes to take on the new challenge of circuit racing – still with the 777bhp-per-tonne Turbo’busa – in the BARC Thundersport series.

Sorry for being new to the continent, but we can't all be born east of the Atlantic. But my lack of background necessitates this question.

I am aware that at least as long as I have been in Europe, Vauxhall and Opel (in Germany) both belong to GM, and the vehicles are pretty much the same except for the badges.

I read above that Cosworth engineered the VX engines in question.

So my question is:

Are the Opel engines in Germany the same as the Cosworth VX engines of England? Or, perhaps a better question is, which engines are the same in which years?

(This is purely academic. I have a Kent engine. But maybe someday I will have reason to change engines. Some day. Not soon, I hope.)

Steve

Opel and VX engines are identical as far as I know.

Cosworth were involved in developing the 2.0l XE engines before handing over a productionised solution to GM, as I understand it......