Speed fines to go up

neilb

I'm going to try to get my letter thrust in to the ministers hand. I'll let you know how I get on........

Would it not be better to thrust a letter from the members of the WSCC into the hands of all our local MP's as the WSCC has close on 2.5k members and you could probably triple that with friends, family etc.

If we can find a member that is in Mr Blunkett's constituency, Wakefield I believe, and get him/her to hand the letters over in his local office then surely he will have to address them.

Not to sure how this all works but seems like a way of getting straight to the man that make the decisions.

Cheers

Neil

Why don't they just change the Tax disc into a blank cheque that they can just take off your car at will and that you have to replace when you next use the car????????????????????????????????? :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Bananaman

• Martin Keene

• david.c

If we can find a member that is in Mr Blunkett's constituency, Wakefield I believe, and get him/her to hand the letters over in his local office then surely he will have to address them.

I think the Government have to address them anyway. This is a democracy, after all......

If you really wanted to know, I guess a web search or a phone call to the Home Office would see you furnished with the Government guidelines on what they must do when they receive letters in response to a consultation document.......If the rules are broken, I'm sure "the press" would be interested, especially as it's motoring related.....

This is why they have 'consultations' - so that they can claim to have taken account of everyone's views then do approximately what they originally planned to do in any case.

I gave evidence at a select committee hearing just before Christmas and then had to listen to 2 Ministers telling lies in response (of course they always get to go on last and there is no cross-examination).  Don't know whether the lies were blatant or a result of bad briefing from civil servants, either way they were lies.

The system is designed to get through what they want, and you can't beat it unless there is sufficient strength of feeling to get meaningful press coverage and damage the Government's 'popularity'.

Democracy?  Yes Minister.

However, since Westminster protocol is that you generally don't get to a Minister without being sponsored by an MP, it does make good sense to write to your MP.  He's the guy who counts on your vote and he is more likely to get a reply from Blunkett than you are.

Spot On... thats why I sent something similar to what I posted yesterday to the MP for Peterborough (Labour) where I work and another to the MP for South Lincolnsshire (Tory) where I live.

It will be interesting to see the agruments from both camps...  ???

useless b******ds are transposing the EU end-of-life-vehicle Directive into UK law

Anybody know when this is coming in. :(

All statistics sourced from Government web sites

2001 general election

40 million eligible to vote

26.4 million voted

10.6 million voted Labour

2004 Fixed Penalty Notice statutory review

Fine increase from £60 to £180

Treasury forecast number of drivers receiving FPNs 1.5 million

Forecast number of FPNs to be issued 3 million

Total revenue £540 million

Do you think Labour can afford to alienate 1.5 million people a year?

When you write to your MP mention this point, they tend to apply a greater proportion of their limited intellectual ability to issues which may mean they're out of a job

ptiny.gifptiny.gif

I smell a rat on this £5 for criminal injury compensation thing. They could simply raise the fines by £5 and there would be little noise from the masses but they choose to do it by a means that is bound to arouse a furore. Why? Because they want to make a token U turn and slip through what they REALLY wanted all the time under the cover of a concession. Exactly what that is will emerge in time. Cynic? Moi????

I sent an e mail yesterday and got a responce today,

here is the letter

Dear Mr Hurdsfield

Consultation Paper on Compensation & Support for Victims of Crime

Thank you for your correspondence about the Consultation Paper issued on 12 January.

We appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to make your views known. I can assure you that all responses will be analysed at the end of the consultation period.  As you can imagine, we have received a large number of responses already and unfortunately it is not possible to reply to individual points that have been raised.  However, we will be publishing a synopsis of the views that have been expressed in due course.

I would like to stress that Ministers are committed to listening to the views of the public and that your comments will be taken seriously.  The Consultation Paper outlines a wide range of proposals that are designed to offer better support to victims of crime.  No decisions will be taken on which measures to take forward until the consultation period is complete.    

Yours sincerely,

Mike Carson  

Victims Unit

Just Recived this off the Home Office

Via the E-mail

Dear Mr Lyall

Consultation Paper on Compensation & Support for Victims of Crime

Thank you for your correspondence about the Consultation Paper issued on 12 January.

We appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to make your views known. I can assure you that all responses will be analysed at the end of the consultation period.  As you can imagine, we have received a large number of responses already and unfortunately it is not possible to reply to individual points that have been raised.  However, we will be publishing a synopsis of the views that have been expressed in due course.

I would like to stress that Ministers are committed to listening to the views of the public and that your comments will be taken seriously.  The Consultation Paper outlines a wide range of proposals that are designed to offer better support to victims of crime.  No decisions will be taken on which measures to take forward until the consultation period is complete.    

Yours sincerely,

Mike Carson  

Victims Unit

useless b******ds are transposing the EU end-of-life-vehicle Directive into UK law

Anybody know when this is coming in. :(

Theoretically, it's in already - regs came into UK law on Nov 3rd.  Environment Agency therefore can't officially allow for a transition period for industry to come up to speed, but unofficially it will begin to be regulated between April and October this year.  The cost of disposing of a scrapper is gonna go up and the knock on from this is that more cars are gonna be abandoned.  Estimates are 4 times as many.  Local authorities will have to get these collected and it will all be paid for out of yours and my taxes.  Good old EU.

Good old EU

Nowt wrong with EU directives  :devil:  :D (waits for onslaught) ........ But more simply that it is our Governments (all of em) that choose to apply them all without consideration ...... then let us kick up a fuss and say how bad the EU is   ;)  ;)

How many times have we all been to French or Spanish etc markets and purchased fresh home grown veg with dirt still on it ........ cooked it and re-marked how much nicer it all tastes  ;)  :D  and yet we get all pre-packaged, cleaned, stamped and bagged stuff  ;)  :D

Once again perhaps not who we vote into power but yet more codswallop from the civil servants and their application to matters  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :suspect:

One way ticket for Stanton ............. outta here  :D  :bangshead:  :bangshead: