Speed fines to go up

neilb

Can't quite get my head round the logic of this scheme  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead: still at least criminals will have to pay more than a speeder :t-up:  :t-up: ............wait for it..............a whole £30  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Agree with Mark and Clapham .........same power freaks and liars, just a different gang :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

David

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Bananaman

• Martin Keene

• david.c

I reckon it is time we motorists had a protest.   Everyone on the roads just stopping for an hour every morning at 8am for a week would make them sit up and take notice.

Once it costs more in lost revenue than it gains, they'd have to do something about this crock of s**t.   Motorists have been subsidising the country for far too long!

Performance and Delivery Unit

Home Office

50 Queen Anne’s Gate

London

SW1H 9AT

Deard Bruce,

What ever were you thinking of...............

Yours...................... :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :angry:

I agree with everything said on this thread however it pains me that as Brits we winge incessantly about injustices dished out to us like this but do fack all about it. I include myself in this assessment.

If we was French we would have been striking/blockading/roadblocking the speed camera situation a long time ago, let alone this new 'initiative'.

It's time to rise up against it, but as with lots of things in this country, have we got the energy/balls/organisational skills to arrange and carry out a protest to make the nunneys at the top take notice? Um, regretably I think not

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Yours,

Disgruntled of Hampshire

Bruce Bebbington

Consultation Coordinator

Performance and Delivery Unit

Home Office

50 Queen Anne’s Gate

London

SW1H 9AT

Dear Mr Bebbington

RE :  Compensation and Support for Victims of Crime, Consultation Paper.

Could you please explain why you propose to levy a £5 charge on motorists committing minor Road Traffic Offences (speeding) to help pay for victims of crime. Where is the connection here?

As a member of a Motoring Club I know that there is a great deal of opposition / anger about these proposals. Speeding fines are already widely thought of as a TAX and not a means of improving road safety. These proposals will only confirm that this is the case & alienate a large proportion of honest, tax paying, and insurance paying motorists.

I really hope that you drop these proposals, as I for one will be prepared to take direct action in opposition (something I’ve never done in the past).

Yours  sincerely,

Andrew Lyall

:angry:

Everyone on the roads just stopping for an hour every morning at 8am for a week would make them sit up and take notice.

I doubt it. Sounds like normal operation at 08.00 to me.

Nana's.

Nice letter. May I suggest a tweak or two though?

great deal of opposition / anger

opposition AND anger. Lets be angry and opposed, instead of either/or....

as I for one will be prepared to take direct action in opposition (something I’ve never done in the past).

That's an empty threat to a politico, who has the Police to protect law and order. How about:

These proposals are clearly ill conceived, poorly thought through, and badly presented. I shall be lobbying my MP to vote against these proposals, should they be put to The House. Any future MP or Government supporting these, or any other indirect taxation of the already over taxed motorist, will not be getting my support.

I get the impression you've done this before Blatters :D

Andy

I have some experience writing official sounding letters...........

I shall be sending something similar myself. I may well put the text up here if anyone else is interested.........

Thanks Blatters

2 heads better than 1. :zzz:

To all who are thinking of writing a letter (hope thats all of you :t-up: ) just be a bit cany & change the wording arround abit, if they get exacty the same letter of everybody it will have less impact. ???

Andy :suspect:

Nick,

I totally agree with your sentiments, acceptance of more ludicrous taxes seems to be the British way.

I am not advocating anarchy but is very frustrating that all of the moaning across the country cannot be converted into some form of positive action.

There are far more motorists than politicians and police, unity is needed but how could this ever be achieved?  

It was the same with the petrol, the truckers tried to make a stand and were made to look like criminals, maybe if they received more support...............

Already started drafting something suitabley s***ty...

How much longer can Labour carry on taxing, because that's what it all is at the end of day, the living #### out the the motorist and expect to get away with it...

Example - Speed Camera Revenue is supposed to be spent on road safey. They made something along the lines of £60,000,000 out of speeding fines last year (1 million tickets @ £60 a pop). Granted, some of that money will be used for costs etc, but as far as I can tell they don't spend £6m on road safety leave alone nearer £60m... I know they are very rough numbers, but you get the point.

Stop the planet... I want to get off!!!

Errr....... sorry about that, rant over  :D

I'm up for sending a letter and will ask others to do same.

Failing that I will cancel my insurance, not bother to tax or insure my car and fit false plates so I can drive in and out of London all day long . Thank you law abiding people.

Ash

To all who are thinking of writing a letter (hope thats all of you :t-up: ) just be a bit cany & change the wording arround abit,

Remember to put your own name on it aswell  :p  :D  :D

David

To all who are thinking of writing a letter (hope thats all of you :t-up: ) just be a bit cany & change the wording arround abit,

Remember to put your own name on it aswell  :p  :D  :D

David