Scottish Lowlands Navigation Mystery Run - Sat 1st August

BigSkyBrad

9 minutes ago, Alfascozzesi said:

On Friday I crashed the car. No damage to me but a fair bit to the Westy.

Really sorry to hear this, but so glad that you're OK at least.

4 hours ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Have had a couple of days to myself but thought on seeing this thread I should post.

On Friday I crashed the car. No damage to me but a fair bit to the Westy. I will be rebuilding but it will not be quick.

This means that I won’t be able to come to the navigation weekend. 

This is the second time I have had to cancel this for two differing reasons and to Brad and Diane I can only apologise most profusely.

Have a great time.

So sorry to hear this news, glad your okay and cars can be rebuilt / replaced 

thinking of you and you know where I am if you want to chat / shout

On 21/07/2020 at 12:43, Alfascozzesi said:

to Brad and Diane I can only apologise most profusely

Don't be daft. Sh*t (or hooning?) happens.

You're messaging so you must be ok, (physically if not emotionally) - how's the car though?

You had every intention to do it in the Westie, and have your accommodation still booked(?) - you could do it in the tin-top if you'd like?

On 21/07/2020 at 10:52, Craigib76 said:

Is this limited to westies or is any kitcar welcome?

If you squint and blur your vision, any '7' looks almost as good as a Westfield! You have to really squint if it's any other sort of kitcar.😋

So yeah, come along.

Just back from checking the start of the route. Argghh - just three instructions in to the run and there is a road closure, so the first page needs re-writing.

Please see the diagram below for the start at Cairn Lodge Services. If good weather (the long range forecast is suggesting it), then park at the top end of the carpark as per last year. If inclement weather, drive to the left around the back of the shops, to the area next to the coach park - we can shelter under the cairn for the brief.

Fuel at Cairn Lodge is extortionate - you will pass a much-cheaper village service station on your right about 25 miles into the run.

264519648_cairnlodge.jpg.aa9d729a44d88492e42403c857f3f68d.jpg

2108233988_cairnlodge2.jpg.c7e6d91104653e9955a65fadd0a09d16.jpg

• Like 2

👍🏼👍🏼Touch wood weather looks ok 😀😀 travelling up Friday looking forward to it although Speedo playing up might need alternative for trip o meter 😃 :yellow-westy: 

1 hour ago, WoodyAlan said:

Speedo playing up might need alternative for trip o meter

There's the GPS phone app I mentioned back on page 4 for Android - 'Offroad Tripmeter 4x4'. For iphone, DaveP used 'Trackpal' last year.

18 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

For iphone, DaveP used 'Trackpal' last year.

Thanks Brad will check that out 👍🏼👍🏼

On 21/07/2020 at 12:43, Alfascozzesi said:

Have had a couple of days to myself but thought on seeing this thread I should post.

On Friday I crashed the car. No damage to me but a fair bit to the Westy. I will be rebuilding but it will not be quick.

This means that I won’t be able to come to the navigation weekend. 

This is the second time I have had to cancel this for two differing reasons and to Brad and Diane I can only apologise most profusely.

Have a great time.

Hi, were you the chap who joined our Scotland tour the other week? Saw you pull out of the housing estate as we went passed, tbh I thought you were one of our group and how on earth did you get there? Lol... 

Is there much damage to the car? Saw some pictures later on as reports started to come in that someone had crashed... My heart sank not knowing who it was or if you were OK... Was a great relief after we found out no one was injured... Hope you get sorted ASAP.. 

Had word today the numbers might be boosted by some ring-ins (Caterhams, Lotus', and other kits). It will be a sad day when 'others' outnumber the Westies at their own game. Any more (Mc)Westies, or those south of the border, up for a fun day on fun roads? - BBC Weather is calling it a dry day, a blessing given the summer-it-wasn't so far.

@ziplob @Robert (bombero) @Hornet600 @McFrancis  et al?

• Like 1

I would of loved to pop along but I'm currently away on holiday in Scotland and have to drive back home on the day your running... Bummer. 

Might see someone whizzing around as I travel south... 

• Like 1

Sorry Brad, currently swanning around in Devon. Hope it goes well and that the Westies beat the "others". 

• Like 1

Just received an email from Barony Castle suggesting I book a time for breakfast on Sunday. Anyone booked a time yet?