2020 Trackday chat

TAFKARM

At least we’re not at the French stage where they fine you off you are caught outdoors!

7 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Said on the radio on the way home that all unnecessary travel should be avoided. Do track days count 

You end where you started so technically it’s not travel 

• Haha 1

It's total lock down or not. We have that much to do we thought why not put both cars together and get more done. 

@RussH is probably up for oulton but I could only do the afternoon but could meet you all there.

the silver lining to all this might be a load of seat time if the no fun police don't shut the TDO's down. The other thing is if tracks can only do track days and not race events due to lack of permits from Msuk then we might get even more track days for them to make there income up at the curcuits on weekends. 

IMG_20200317_180130.jpg

• Like 1

My car's ready to go, and I'm free.. and I'd love to go to Oulton,  but I have serious worries about the risk involved for me. I consider myself fit and healthy and have no underlying medical conditions ..  but my age is teetering just below the "strongly advised to isolate group" 69 next month. 😞 

Sensible thing to do would be to give it miss.. but will see how things go in the next few days.

• Like 2

Andrew you will just have to keep your helmet on!

RMA tdo sent email through saying they are definitely going ahead..as they do not come under the competition rules etc..

I am booked in for geometry set up on 23rd but don't think I could get 24th off as well..but looking to do day soon after..maybe even a local one in case the fun police are stopping long travel by then!

There should be some empty tracks around..

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

Andrew you will just have to keep your helmet on!

What I need is a space suit. 🙂

i really hope i get to go to oulton on Tuesday im really looking forward to it. its a track ive always wanted to do but never had the chance

58 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

i really hope i get to go to oulton on Tuesday im really looking forward to it. its a track ive always wanted to do but never had the chance

Well it's looking like trackdays are going ahead for now. Get it booked Ben, you'll enjoy it. 

Weather's not looking too bad either. 

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Well it's looking like trackdays are going ahead for now. Get it booked Ben, you'll enjoy it. 

Weather's not looking too bad either. 

still going to hold off until the weekend and see what happens

Surely it’s safer to bomb around a circuit in your car than go to a supermarket hunting for loo roll?

As long as TDO’s do outdoor briefings, the risk is minimal. 

Fingers crossed common sense prevails!