2020 Trackday chat

TAFKARM

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Oulton Park on the 24th?

still early bird price aswell must be empty

Whos the TDO?

Edit: I've found it, an MSV own one.

I've got a work deadline but.....

Msv also have Cadwell on 21st (Saturday) for £129. Might possibly (just) manage time off on a Saturday in March - maybe...

Of course this might have a knock on effect...

MS-UK has just suspended all organising permits and certs. Of exemption till at least April 30th.

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

Part of an MS-UK press release we're currently investigating.

MS-UK Latest:     Motorsport UK COVID-19 Update It is with regret that Motorsport UK is suspending all organising permits and Certificates of Exemption until at least 30th April 2020. This suspension follows the latest guidance issued by HM UK Government in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. Thisposition will be constantly reviewed given prevailing information.  As the National Governing Body, we would ask all Motorsport UK members to act responsibly and follow the G

7 minutes ago, RussH said:

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

Yeah sorry - was part of the committee chat about the “C” word 

Link to the Speed Series thread here,

No idea personally how that related to TD's though?

15 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Link to the Speed Series thread here,

No idea personally how that related to TD's though?

Figured that if the motorsport governing body was hitting the cancel button, then it could possibly have a knock-on effect...

6 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Just seen on msv Facebook page that they are hopefull of track days and test days still going ahead 

If people and organisers are sensible then there’s no real reason not to go ahead. But there seems to be so much mad panic about all of this it just makes me wonder if things will be cancelled as a matter of course 😞

I suspect so Chris.

I sort of expect the Facebook "mob" to start kicking off soon.

I also suspect that once they do, the sort of mouth breathers that started beating up paediatricians because they'd read about paedophiles somewhere will also start kicking off at anything they perceive as endangering them/there families. Tootling around in open top cars for fun may well fall into one of their categories. :down: