2020 Trackday chat

TAFKARM

39 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Working on mine today and the wife just asked ”when’s you first track day?” - so that’s carte-Blanche To book one!

Not be ready until March though...

"First trackday" also sounds like she's expecting you to do more than one Chris? 😎

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

"First trackday" also sounds like she's expecting you to do more than one Chris? 😎

Even better that that - she’s paying for it 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Even better that that - she’s paying for it 👍

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO She’s a keeper! 

I had a great day at Castle Coombe on Friday, 175 miles and only 30 ish cars most of whom b*****red off after lunch. It was bl**** cold (-1) to start with but warmed up by mid morning. New (to me) 13” with well worn Toyo 888s were fun to explore and bagged free tuition from Slip and Grip organisers, he wasn’t busy so did an AM and PM session.

best bit was by 3pm I had the track to myself for a whole hour! So much fun! And great advice from @AdamR as the drizzle and then rain came down so my learning  went up with the wetness of the track - never worked my arms so hard in a car! 

After my crap track day experience last year, this was so refreshing. My only niggle was my crappy gear change from 3-4 and 5-4 so need to bleed the clutch and check the selector to see if that fixes it? 

next up Castle Coombe again 7 April then after that I should have my trailer so it will be easier to venture further afield...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

I'm up for a day in March as well 

https://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/Cadwell-Park/CP180320

me and russ are hopfully planning on this is work comitments dont get in the way will keep you updated 

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

We're out of sync .. I've just been to Cadwell. 🙂

Croft then? 9th and/or 30th March

Croft 9th March is a Javelin day so there may be a bit of club discount?

Yea, I'd be up for it if the weather plays ball. 

1 hour ago, RussH said:

9th March works for me. Who’s the TDO? @syman84

can do but would need to be away for about 4.30 because of Michelle working nights  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

anyone got anything else planned after croft i cant make the 9th of march unfortunatly

Might do Cadwell on 14th but likely won’t book until Croft done. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have given my car a post Croft MOT.. all is looking good. An oil and filter change will see me good to go again..

Where we all ask? 

dunno. :blush:

Any suggestions?