Peak District Sun 22nd Sept CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

6 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

and....

the westfield gearbox output shaft oil seal is weeping.  I'm changing that on Saturday,. That's an engine crane (but not engine out job ) so unlikely to be ready for Sunday.

Ouch. Your getting good use out of the crane 😉

Just seen the weather forecast for the Peak District on Sunday - not looking particularly Westie-friendly, especially if you don't have a screen or a roof....

I'm going to meet @Quinten on Sat and attempt to guide him around the peaks! If you're out on Sun, you may find us! Alternatively, if you want better weather, join us on Sat:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Paul Hurdsfield said:

What time do you think you will be at the oil can cafe @IanK (Bagpuss) @Quinten .

Rich Cable and I will be out and about.

about 5 past Marcus 😉 I'll PM the pair of you and we'll see if we can meet up somewhere etc. I'm still working the route out, hence haven't a clue yet etc.

I won’t be making the peaks tomorrow now!!! 

Unless im still waiting for truck of shame in which case I will be at the bottom of winnats pass 

have fun all hopefully you have the weather we did today! EC27A9CF-2E1C-4085-888B-E1F5BF92B57D.thumb.jpeg.f3b44be6bb0381ef550014f355b887d7.jpeg

Nice to see it's not just me that finds the finest cow poo @LukeW, nothing too serious I hope. 

I will take a last look at the weather forecast this evening (like it's going to change!!) and see how bad it is and if it is worth going out in it. I would say 'just 1 more day please' but to have had all that lovely weather in the Lake District last week and then ask for another day seems a bit greedy.

2 hours ago, LukeW said:

I won’t be making the peaks tomorrow now!!! 

Unless im still waiting for truck of shame in which case I will be at the bottom of winnats pass 

have fun all hopefully you have the weather we did today! EC27A9CF-2E1C-4085-888B-E1F5BF92B57D.thumb.jpeg.f3b44be6bb0381ef550014f355b887d7.jpeg

Oops. What broke?

21 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

I will take a last look at the weather forecast this evening (like it's going to change!!) and see how bad it is

⬆️

No show for me tomorrow based on the forecast. ⛈🌨⛈🌨🌧

Lucy Verasarmy has spoken and wow, that's a lot of rain coming our way tomorrow, so it's a no show from us. CANCELLED.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, LukeW said:

Cv come away from hub churned up the hub a little and a few bent bolts ah well England rugby tomorrow instead 😁imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd05212a9971dbf362FE911B-3FCC-4F86-8668-FC815F46EF0E.thumb.jpeg.5214f9c242e23b7f6fba2239e02af005.jpeg88D30EFF-6F60-49AD-95EE-A8791F887AA4.thumb.jpeg.bca51dfd7c0fef27fa32f11c043e30ea.jpegimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd05212a9971dbf3imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd05212a9971dbf3imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd05212a9971dbf3

I couldn't possible comment that @LukeW broke his car pulling out of the devil's ar$e ! Who say's S2000's have no torque! I've not heard of a Sport 250 snapping a CV joint off the rear hub yet! @AdgeC @BugMan Challenge on! I hope you're quickly fixed Luke! But I'm not sorry that you're breakdown mean't I had to drive Winnat's pass 3 times instead of 1, like the others!

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to see the truck of shame Luke, it’s got nothing to do with the abuse you were giving it on Thursday :p has it ?? Hope your back on the road again soon ,  Andy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aeg said:

Sorry to see the truck of shame Luke, it’s got nothing to do with the abuse you were giving it on Thursday :p has it ?? Hope your back on the road again soon ,  A

He's very lucky it went at low speed, it would have caused much more damage at higher speeds.

@LukeW give me a call later and I'll talk you through removing the long pin holding the bottom of the upright in 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

I've not heard of a Sport 250 snapping a CV joint off the rear hub yet! @AdgeC Challenge on!

Thanks, but no thanks Ian, that's a challenge I'll decline if you don't mind!

I try and check things over regularly, but having seen that, will check drive train bolts again this week, particularly if the weather forecast is correct. Wouldn't be a concern if I still had the T1R's on, they would just spin at the drop of a hat :d.

@LukeW hope you've not done too much damage and can get sorted swiftly.