Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams: 19-21 JUNE 2020 - postponed until JUNE 2021

Rab (bombero) Reid

16 minutes ago, Davep1 said:

Hi Rab,

Not sure if I 'officially' confirmed, but can you put Jen and I down for either hut 18 or 19 if still free.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave, yup you're on the list (see OP) but I didn't have Jen .. added now ;)

• 5 months later...

Okay we're passed the most depressing month of the year, and we've got our first meeting kicking off this Sunday (9th February) to get us all back in the mood for blatting!

So, if anyone else is interested in joining us at the Strathfillan Wigwwams, let me know and I'll get you booked in against an accommodation but please do it quickly as the season starts to gather pace!! Hut 16 is still available and it'll keep you in the body of the kirk according to the site layout. Others are still available as well and not far away!

@Gary Taylor - Scotland AO, could you get am email out to our mailing list with a link to this topic especially for those who don't visit the forum as often, ta! 😉

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 06.03.2020: Please see the first post in this thread for more details!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Robert (bombero) said:

UPDATE 06.03.2020: Please see the first post in this thread for more details!

Thanks Rab, phoned and paid this morning 👍

• Like 1

Deposit (£50) paid on hut 18, thanks for organising Rab.

Dave and Jen.

strathfillan layout.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi ALL

I've not heard from the campsite but I think we can assume that, for the time being, things are on hold. I'll try and get in touch with the manager and get their official position on it.

Whilst it currently doesn't look promising, I think you'll all agree that it's a little too early to predict exactly what level of movement control the Scottish Government will have in place for the end of June, and I'll keep you notified of any more information that I get from Strathfillan.

Keep well and stay safe! 

Rab

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, H.7 said:

I'm guessing this

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/date-return-uk-staycation-holidays-18295036

puts the weekend in doubt. All Wigwam Holiday locations remain closed currently.

Brian, your post is very timely as I've just spoken with Rena yesterday and hadn't gotten around to posting the latest on here 🙂

As always, I'll update here and on the original post..

UPDATE:

The camp site has confirmed that it will be closed until July 2020 and therefore our planned weekend of Friday 19th June 2020 to Sunday 21st June 2020 has been cancelled.

The plan is now to move our weekend on to next year, the new dates being Friday 18th June 2021 to Sunday 20th June 2021. I have booked these dates for us and I can confirm that the previously announced accommodation listings will be the same for next year so, if you've been told what hut/lodge you're in for 2020, it'll be the same for 2021.

I am assuming that those that have paid will approve of this however, if you decide that you no longer wish (or cannot) go in 2021, you can contact Rena for a refund. Otherwise, the camp site will note your accommodation as paid for to 2021. PLEASE let me know if you decide not to attend next year and have accommodation allocated, as I will then be able to offer it to someone else.