Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams: 19-21 JUNE 2020 - postponed until JUNE 2021

Rab (bombero) Reid

Ah crap .. where have I been?! My apologies for dropping the ball on this one but not surprised to see everyone rallying together! 

I'll be confirming my re-booking of the Beaver (lodge that is, before anyone starts to snigger! 🙄😄) tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kirmodawn1 said:

That looks like a decent run Dave. Never been down that end of Loch Awe. Might try and join you all for the day. 

Bob

I was going to say the same if you guys are happy for day tripping interlopers :d

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

@Davep1 Where's lunch, Red Leader?  You might need to book ahead.

If everyone is happy with the general route, (It does use some roads we used 2 years ago) I will look for somewhere suitable.

Comments / suggestions welcome!

At Oban, if we have time, we could continue north along the coast and return via Glencoe /Rannoch moor (but will all be A roads).

Dave.

This is the Lochan just before Kilmelford we camped at last year.

20200720_192452.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I was going to say the same if you guys are happy for day tripping interlopers :d

I think the plan will be to have brekky at the Real Food Cafe in Tyndrum on Saturday (maybe 9AM onwards ? - but check nearer the time), and head off from there afterwards (10am ish?).

All welcome!

https://www.therealfoodcafe.com/

5 hours ago, Davep1 said:

This is the Lochan just before Kilmelford we camped at last year.

I couldn't find that on google maps - looks a sweet camping spot.

Found it, the wide angle lens was playing tricks. Loch an Losgainn Mor.

On 22/05/2021 at 08:56, Davep1 said:

Spoken to Strathfillan this morning, and we have reconfirmed our Hut 18. See map.

They have said Hut 19 and 20 are still available, plus one of the group of 3 (Huts 14, 15,16).

They are not saving any for us, so if we want to book, contact asap.

Thanks

Dave and Jen.

I've just spoken with Rena at the wigwams, and got Hut 20 as Beaver has been booked by another party...😔

Yup, for some reason the accommodation previously allocated wasn't carried forward as expected. I got the feeling that, as with many other businesses especially tourism they've taken a pounding, and with all the uncertainties out there, it was too much of a risk to hold them for us. I'll hold my hands up and add that my delay in re-contacting them for 2021 has probably paid a part in that so please accept my apologies! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gary Taylor said:

I’ll see you there Saturday morning for breakfast, 9 am at the real food cafe 😃

Me too

On 31/05/2021 at 11:58, BigSkyBrad said:

Are we taking the long way there on Friday?

I'm happy to meet up for a long way drive to the Wigams on Friday. Where would be a suitable meet point (or earlier meet points) for a run on Friday? I'm driving up from the Borders, about 35 miles south of Edinburgh, but happy to meet anywhere at any time.

Cheers,

Brian

Same as Brian.

Happy to meet for a convoy.  Time and Place ?

Usual spot - Kilmahog?

Does everyone (Jim, Dave, Brian et al) have Friday off work?  Do we make a day of it, and go the longgggg way to Tyndrum - a route in mind, Jim? There's also Stirling services? Dave - what time are you planning on coming up?

15 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Does everyone (Jim, Dave, Brian et al) have Friday off work?  Do we make a day of it, and go the longgggg way to Tyndrum - a route in mind, Jim? There's also Stirling services? Dave - what time are you planning on coming up?

Very happy to make a day of it, so can meet anytime, anywhere 😊