Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams: 19-21 JUNE 2020 - postponed until JUNE 2021

Rab (bombero) Reid

2 minutes ago, H.7 said:

Thanks Rab. I’m happy to keep my booking for next year 👍

Cheers, me too! 

10 minutes ago, Robert (bombero) said:

Otherwise, the camp site will note your accommodation as paid for to 2021.

We were only talking about this the other day, especially for those of us that arrange travel direct with Hotels etc; if you can possibly afoard to, do keep payments in for the rolled on bookings, rather than getting refunds now, help support meny of these great Westfield friendly establishments through the tough times.

6 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

We were only talking about this the other day, especially for those of us that arrange travel direct with Hotels etc; if you can possibly afoard to, do keep payments in for the rolled on bookings, rather than getting refunds now, help support meny of these great Westfield friendly establishments through the tough times.

Indeed, hadn't actually considered that! I know for a fact that this particular camp site belongs to a college and as such, doesn't get the support and funding as you might expect of a purely holiday focused business modelled company, and as you said, 'Westfield friendly'!

• Like 1

I am okay with rolling it on.

It is a valid point that even locally for bread, butcher meat we are sourcing a lot more from small local businesses to support them and whatever “new” arrangement they have put in place rather than just going to the supermarket.

Even down to drinking the local brew although that is no hardship.😀

• Like 2

Ok also with rolling onto next year.

cheers Jim.

Stay safe out there .....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

... and the last one said 'roll over', so they all rolled over and one fell out and banged his head and gave a shout...

Yep, roll us over too.

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Given the easing of restrictions, is the weekend looking to go ahead?

• Like 1

On 04/04/2021 at 11:07, BigSkyBrad said:

Given the easing of restrictions, is the weekend looking to go ahead?

Brad, good question! I'll make enquiries with the site however, the easing is (currently) to 'stay local' therefore, it is likely that they won't have a definitive answer for us.. 

Hi I’m a member with Herts Beds , any room on this trip ? I fully understand it going to need to be compliant with COVID restrictions for both England and Scotland 

On 05/04/2021 at 16:50, simon walton said:

Hi I’m a member with Herts Beds , any room on this trip ? I fully understand it going to need to be compliant with COVID restrictions for both England and Scotland 

I'll post updates here on any/all developments for this trip 😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So. Diane phoned the wigwams today. They have our bookings from last years and acknowledge they still have our deposits. However, we are not booked in for this year. They said they have no bookings for that weekend, but Diane was unsure as to whether that meant no bookings by us for that weekend, or no bookings at all. We would need to find this out quick, as it could mean the wigwams we thought we had reserved (but aren't) have been booked out to someone else.

Who of those who have rolled their deposits over still want to do the weekend? Tell me quicksmart and we'll go back to them and find out the full story ie, can we still have that weekend and the cabins we picked.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Brad. I had assumed (because I was told by them) that my booking was carried forward to this year. I'm still keen to go, hopefully in a Westy (but I'll be there whatever), so please try to reserve my previous booking for Hut 21. I paid in full.

Thanks,

Brian

I don’t have a Westy ready so if the deposit can be paid back then great for me. I can’t really remember what I have paid though ??