Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams: 19-21 JUNE 2020 - postponed until JUNE 2021

Rab (bombero) Reid

UPDATE 22.05.2020

The camp site has confirmed that it will be closed until July 2020 and therefore, our planned weekend of Friday 19th June 2020 to Sunday 21st June 2020 has been cancelled.

The plan is now to move our weekend on to next year, the new dates being Friday 18th June 2021 to Sunday 20th June 2021. I have booked these dates for us and I can confirm that the previously announced accommodation listings will be the same for next year so, if you've been told what hut/lodge you're in for 2020, it'll be the same for 2021.

I am assuming that those that have paid will approve of this however, if you decide that you no longer wish (or cannot) go in 2021, you can contact Rena for a refund. Otherwise, the camp site will note your accommodation as paid for to 2021. PLEASE let me know if you decide not to attend next year and have accommodation allocated, as I will then be able to offer it to someone else.

UPDATE 06.03.2020

To all those who have noted an interest and have been allocated a hut/lodge (see list below), you can now call the campsite and pay for your booking! So that the staff know who you are, please state tell them your name and that you are part of the "Robert Reid Group booked in for 19-21 June" and mention your hut/lodge. The number to cal is: 01838 400251

To those that have not yet noted an interest but would like to come along, hut 16 (and two lodges) are still available in the area that the other huts/lodges are. Obviously, if these become unavailable, you can always take another hut somewhere on the site. The site is relatively small so you won't be far away from the shenanigans! 

Hi ALL

Yes, yes, I know we're talking 2020 but hear me out!

Those that have been following the latest updates with our new venue for the annual Clan McWesty gathering on the other post, will have seen that we've had a very successful trip and the site has some major plus points over Applecross ie on-site BBQ pits, shop, communal kitchen/dining room/lounge .. and, new unexplored roads to ummm, explore!

It has been decided that we'll be returning next year and as the site is very popular (on the West Highland Way), I've been advised to get our note of interest penciled in for 2020 now! Site info can be found here: https://www.sruc.ac.uk/info/120216/strathfillan_wigwams  

Look, as I said I know it's really early to be talking about this but the regular attendees will (should) have blocked out the 3rd weekend in June every year up to 2030 already :laugh: so most will want to show their interest as soon as possible. My intention is to start a name list on here and keep Rena updated on a regular basis as to numbers and requirements ie hut or lodge, with a view to start paying deposits early in 2020. I've made some assumptions on the list below but IF EVERYONE COULD REPLY WITH YOUR NOTE OF INTEREST and I'll add you as we go along. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NAME LIST IS ONLY FOR THOSE WISHING TO NOTE INTEREST FOR ACCOMMODATION.

Armed with the additional knowledge from this year, these are the following huts and lodges that I'd suggest are the ones to take as this will keep the group nicely together:

Huts 14-16 (we should book 17-20 first and book 14-16 for any latecomers. 14-16 are still very close to 17-20 so you wouldn't be miles away from the group)

Huts 17-20

Hut 21 (en suite)

Lodges - Firewater, Beaver, Bald Eagle, Buffalo

NAME LIST

Rab (bombero) - Beaver

Jim & Jean (JimM) - Hut 17

Dave & Jen (Davep1) - Hut 18

Brad & Diane (BigSkyBrad) - Firewater

Gary (Alfascozzesi) - Hut 20

Jim & Laura (Jonsey) - Hut 15

Brian (H.7) - Hut 21

John (Hornet600) - Hut 14

Colin & Leanna (Colsum) - Hut 19

• Like 1

Thanks Rab. I've put 19-21 June 2020 in my diary so aiming to make the whole weekend next year. If no-one's booked 'em all already, I'd appreciate putting my name on either the en-suite wigwam or one of the lodges.

Cheers,

Brian.

• Like 1

Hi Rab

thanks for picking this up for next years as we are away with prior family trip / arrangements for our holidays

i can only endorse what Rab has said and wish we could be in 2 places at once but hay ho

get in there and enjoy it

• Like 1

Ahh, Brian, you beat us to the ensuite wigwam!😋 Put us down for Firewater or Beaver lodge anyway thanks, Rab.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H.7 said:

I'd appreciate putting my name on either the en-suite wigwam or one of the lodges.

34 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Put us down for Firewater or Beaver lodge

Duly noted, guys

44 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Ahh, Brian, you beat us to the ensuite wigwam!😋 Put us down for Firewater or Beaver lodge anyway thanks, Rab.

I don't mind, Brad. If you'd prefer the wigwam, I'll happily take a lodge 😊

@H.7 nah, you're in first, and if you're travelling one-up, it'll suit you better. At least Firewater is a known quantity for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimM said:

Hi Rab,

Hut 17 again ...

cheers

Jim

6 hours ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Hut 20 suits me and the wee fella.

Duly noted! 👍

Hi Robert. Looking to attend next years get together. Would like to put interest down for accommodation for 2, not fussed what type, as long as it has a bed and isn't under canvas.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2019 at 12:22, Colsum said:

Hi Robert. Looking to attend next years get together. Would like to put interest down for accommodation for 2, not fussed what type, as long as it has a bed and isn't under canvas.

No worries. Please message me your full name 👍

• 1 month later...
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:09, Robert (bombero) said:

No worries. Please message me your full name 👍

@Colsum, can you message me asap with your details, thanks!

1 hour ago, Robert (bombero) said:

@Colsum, can you message me asap with your details, thanks!

Sorry, thought I had PM'd but appears not.

Names for next years Wigwams will be Colin and Leanna Summers.

Let me know if you need deposits or any other details.

Colsum

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Colsum said:

Sorry, thought I had PM'd but appears not.

Names for next years Wigwams will be Colin and Leanna Summers.

Let me know if you need deposits or any other details.

Colsum

Thanks Colin, I'll add you to the list and stick you down for a wigwam/hut.