DRL's - where to place them!

snowy892

2 hours ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

:oops:They look familiar:d

EE927C5D-9137-4AB4-8D3A-22E38F3DA850.thumb.jpeg.afa177809d21553d804c213cfbd974ae.jpeg

As Chris said brighter than they look & very discreet.

Yeah blatant copy! :d

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yeah blatant copy! :d

Don't copy his clutch and engine killing abilities though!

• Sad 2

The ones under my headlights were from Maplin and the dots at the side of the number plate were cheapies off ebay.

DSC06549.JPG

or a furcut :d

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

or a furcut :d

Too much information Julie.....................:oops:

:oops:

• Haha 1

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Mine are simply wired to the ignition circuit. Others have had problems with battery chargers and items similar to that you've identified above.

I fitted a controller that works of the ignition so I don't get the issues associated with current sensing, it also dims the DRLs when I turn on the head lights. It's either this one of very much like it.

My DRLs

IMG_0007x.jpg

I tried a cheap Chinese controller but it failed to work. 

So I now have my lights wired to ignition circuit instead of permanent live. I hated the way it used to allow lights to be left on without the key in!

I set it so when ignition is on the DRLs are on, when lights are on the DRLs are off. Use the savage switch’s double pole functionality for this so not sure how to achieve that with the older switches. 

I just used a changeover relay.

'Ignition on' for supply to DRL's via relay (30 to 87) then side light feed to coil (86 & 85 ground) to switch relay over and disconnect DRL's.

• Like 2

I use a controller similar to the one you have linked to which works ok but the dimming does not work. It makes the drl’s ficker, but that could be the DRL.

Mine are on all the time which is not a bad thing with my candle powered dominators

Cheers all, 

As I am *ahem ‘electrically challenged’ I might try the controller for £6 and see how that goes! 

Regards