The Elise has gone

Len

.......but being told to search the archives for the millionth time tends to be a bit wearing

As does answering the same damn questions. Why is it right for you, but not for me?

Edited to add........

We're not whinging, we're discussing.

TonyB may yet have something constructive to contribute. Like £25.......   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• Mark Stanton

• Tony B

As does answering the same damn questions. Why is it right for you, but not for me?

You don't have to answer it at all, which is actualy what you are doing by saying use the search engine.

Let someone else who does not mind answering the question answer it for the 100th time  :D

Hands up who's bored with this?

(fx: raises hand)

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Andy

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :sheep:  :p  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :xmas:

You don't have to answer it at all, which is actualy what you are doing by saying use the search engine.

Let someone else who does not mind answering the question answer it for the 100th time  :D

Well said.  :t-up:

As a newbie, who bought a SEIW 2 weeks ago:D :D:D:D , I have been logging onto this site for 4-5 months, doing my homework before buying a car.

I found answers to all my questions, decided on the type of car i wanted and used the 'for sales' page to give me a rough price guide.

I didnt want to join the club then,what was the point if i hadn't bought a  Westfield, but now I have bought my car I will be joining the club, after all I got discount on my insurance by stating I would join.

Fair point Bazzer.

I answer 'cos I like to answer.

The answer under discussion can seem a little harsh. I'm fully aware of the way the written word can be mis-interpreted, which is why it's rare that I *only* say "do a search" to newbies. I normally include something else useful as well. It seems to me that some folk here seem to lose the ability (or will) to read on once the word "search" has been used, or when they see my avatar. Everything before or after seems to disappear........I call it the "Blatman Effect"........

Or maybe you and Tony are right. Maybe I'll leave it to someone else who is perhaps more committed, or more "newbie" minded, whatever that may be......  ???

Thank You Alan  :D  :D

Blats ........... I still like your search and included answers  :D  ;)  :cool:

It would be sad if you stopped answering question, I know you are only trying to be helpful.

And at least you know which web site you are on when the regulars chirp up  :D

I do know what you mean though I have stopped answering questions I know the anwer too, on the BEC list. I have answered them so many times I leave it to others now.

Bazzer

Yup, I think the posts that say "do a search" then go on to include some example search results are good - they illustrate that the search function works well if you know how to get the most out of it.

The problem as I see it is that the "join the club" and "do a search" only posts that have become part of the fun to some regular users of the site, are not fun to somebody that posts his/her 1st question - and would in fact be pretty useless in all respects other than increasing the poster's post count. ???

That makes a change. It seems at least two of you managed to get to the end of one of my posts.... keep up the good work..... :D:D:D

Can we get back to the fun now please........  :p:p:D:D

:D  :xmas:  :D  :devil:  :D

Maybe I'll leave it to someone else who is perhaps more committed, or more "newbie" minded, whatever that may be......  ???

You dare....just you dare! :angry:  :angry:

I have had nothing but help and good advice from this forum and if someone wants to tell me to do a search or wants to regard me as stupid...who cares as long as I get the help I need? :D

If people cant take some mild pi$$ taking they really should get out more,life is too short,chill  :cool:

What was the question ?

We've been here before. Do a search.

Andy

:D:devil: