The Elise has gone

Len

For what it's worth, I don't think there is a calendar of 2004 trackdays listed on this site, but found evidence of some during my search. But it is only December the 14th and all the main trackday people such as easytrack, bookatrack, motorsport events and the like have'nt done their's yet, so I wait in anticipation.

I have found the site interesting and educational and been involved in some heated debates, but I enjoy swapping of advice or experiences and no doubt will come across some prats on the way and of course develop enemies, but so what, it's harmless fun and is worth the subscription.

Ian

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• Mark Stanton

• Tony B

Call me old fashioned but we used to spell prat,pratt.

I joined the WSCC,I knew it made sense,about the only thing around here that does....DING DONG( I like the site myself,sort of homely.......But were ard up ere,non of this at business)

I also apprecitate that the board is run by people who have a day job e.g. it could be more functional if there were enough hours in the day to work on it.

You've said that twice now, and I still can't get my head round it. What functions does this board need that it doesn't already have?

Please point me in the direction of the info I cant find and Ill gladly pay for membership if I deem it to be worthwhile for me..

Top right hand side of *every* page has 3 buttons. One of them is a Search function. If you can't find something you think is/should be here, then that's your next port of call.....

Blatman, I run a software company for my day job (I know its not the same before you say something) but if I told one of my customers (which is really what we are to the comittee/wscc) to use the search button theyd soon get Pi$$ed off and tell me where to shove my system.

The search function is good and bad, firstly unless you select everything at the bottom you get little returned, unless you know how to form a SQL query its not much use. and please try yourself to locate "trackdays 2004" when you get a sensible result let me know what query you used!

If you want an example of how it can be done (and dont take this the wrong way this board is useful, just doing a comparison) visit  http://forums.seloc.org/ They have an events TABLE which lists everything thats happened and everything that is coming up... oh and their committee listen to their paid up members and non members...

Im not trying to put the board down, just making a few suggestions...

We are not in any way customers to the comittee but members of a club which is shared amongst us all. Some of the members are on the comittee and either you (if you were a member) or I could be part of it if we wanted to be.

Without our subscriptions and participation none of us could post on this board as it would not exist and there would also not be a club.

At the moment you are posting on this site which somebody has to pay for

(think about it!!!;) The members!!!

The comittee and area organizers do ther job for nowt. I am most greatful.

The site is run by the WSSC and is unique. We should not be the same format

as others. Wait until 2004 and all the events will be revealed.

Mr Angry  Conservative Voter!!!!!!!:p

Tony - Personally with no offence intended - I couldn't really give a toss if you join the WSCC or not - its your choice  :D  Same as I couldn't care less what car anyone drives  :D  free country  ;)  :D

But .....

but if I told one of my customers (which is really what we are to the comittee/wscc)

No - members are not customers of the WSCC commitee  - the committee and team of AO's are not paid they are all volunteers, we are all fellow members - just that some are able to do a little more.

oh and their committee listen to their paid up members and non members...

The committee listen to all members and if practical and wanted by the majority will endeavour to sort out  :D  :D

as for non-members ............  :p  :devil:  :D  ;)  why should anything be implemented for those that do not wish to join the club  ???  ???  ??? why should members money be spent on non-members  :durr:  :durr:  :devil:  ;)  ???

Whilst I agree that the membership is a good thing, the number of new guys who have been greeted with "join the club", but more importantly, "do a search" on their early postings has gone up a lot recently, IMO - and while you are all right that a lot of this stuff is going over old ground, it can be a bit blunt for the newbies who may not yet be up to speed with the general level of p!ss taking that goes on around here. :(

At the end of the day, as with most things, very little that is said on here is actually new info - most could be found by searching either here or elsewhere on the web, but how interesting would this (or any other for that matter) site be if only the posts with genuninely new info were allowed, and everything else reduced to "do a search"?

Give the new guys a break. :)

Just my 2p..

Timd, what wheel offsets should I use on my Westy? Should I have 13's or 15's? :D  :D  :D

Is it because you are merely seeing the phrases join the club/do a search more and more yourself?

Part of getting the best out of this forum is learning how to use it to it's full potential, search facility included. Why have a huge historical database behind the forum if it isnt used, and folk are not steered to use it?

But perhaps this again leads to the suggestion of a FAQ of the more common questions..... ???

But this would of course lead to the new phrase of "read the FAQ!" :D  :p  ;)

it can be a bit blunt for the newbies who may not yet be up to speed with the general level of p!ss taking that goes on around here.

Good 00.02p comment there Tim  :)  :xmas: It can probably be a bit "daunting" stepping into the fray of banter that goes on  ;)  ;)  for newbies  :)  ;)

Yeah.Try THIS.When I do that nowt happens ,how do you get all of those weird and wonderfull things coming up on the screen when you say try THIS.......Try THAT...Nope,nothing happened......Sod it I'll try this(lovelly drop of anti-freeze,with a hint of carbon monoxide(Australian.....not very good at at rugby but a dab hand at anti-freeze production)

Oldman (with computer) and newbie  :D  :D  order me a takeaway ......... this could take some time  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

Timd at last someone who has a bit of common ;)

Everyone, the word customor was used as an analogy, maybe it was a bit strong for you, the committee is here to work for and on behalf of its members (and of course with).

Mark, I know the committee arent paid, thats what Ive been saying all along...

Ive been using various Bulletin boards over the years which were paid up and not paid up, BCBBS being a prime example, a year ago it was a very good and useful board until TROLLs visited the board and started taking the Pi$$, because of this SELOC was formed and to answer your question Blatman, signing up is free for the BBS, I actually gave you the link to the BBS try this one, youll see what I mean, http://www.seloc.org/ . you only have to pay if you want the benefits (but you are shown what the benefits are in easily found and displayed pages). The reason they get you to sign up is so that they can loosly control who posts so that the board doesnt fill with crap. Your point about look and search for whats happening is not a good advert for the club, the home page for the club is WSCC which is quite a bit out of date, the BBS has been updated recently but it looks like the clubs web facing image hasnt... This is where the benefits should be listed along with whats happening.

As for Searching for whats going on instead of having it listed either on a page or even a very frightening table ;) then Im for the table every time...

Another problem with the "Search the Archives" statement is that the results returned are 99.9% irrelevant.. I wanted info on Overheating problems recently, put Overheating in the search and search all archives from the beginning see what you get, just done it myself... First result in the list is about spare tyres!!!!! The search facility is not much good unless you are very explicit with what you want, which is why people tend to ask on the board coz they havent got time to search through hundreds of irrelevant posts that may have the word overheating in... :p

Long story short and back to my original comment cut the new guys some slack thats the whole point of having a Newbie section, or am I wrong about this too ;)

Hello all, bit new to this but I'll give it a go...

Cheers

Len

blimey Len, what a trouble maker you are  :p

all you did was say hello and look what you started  :t-up:

hope you dont mind all the b***hing, its not normally like this, honest.  :t-up: