The Elise has gone

Len

I'll have to let people know how lovely/imaginative you are, and that you're most amazing guy ever at choosing and buying Christmas presents for the one you love.

Let me see, what has been on the list in the past?

A wok

A Stephen King book

A funny book in a min shopping trolley

Does everyone like our dirty laundry? Good :D

I notice you conveniently forgot:

A trip to Paris

A weekend in Edinburgh

1/2 A car

And the things you did mention, 2/3rds of them you specifically asked for...

Well, perhaps I'll just send all the fantastic presents back...

Pah. Another thread I think I'm gonna boycott ;)

Andy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• Mark Stanton

• Tony B

I paid the deposit (about 50%), she paid the rest. It was a rather large upgrade over what she had at the time (from a 1984 s***ty brown metro to a 1997 Fiat Punto).

:love:

Andy

Thats cleared that up. I was just thinkin when she was going the get the other 1/2 :D

Now there's an idea. Buy her one present split between Christmas and Birthday :D

Does anyone know if you can glue two halves of a CD together? :D

Andy

CorBlimey... Ive only been away a few days. What the hecks going on here then I thought I'd clicked on the wrong site and clicked on another forums boring bickering thread.  Lets all wind our necks in a little eh....

This site it open to anyone to post and view.  The only exception is the sales area which is members only for legal reasons of been able to identify sellers of goods as well as the fact that this is a member benefit. Feedback I get from sellers is that this is indeed a good feature leading to fast parts sales etc.

In order to post here all we ask is a valid email address.

However, a site like this one is not free to host. It requires dedicated server space on dedicated Internet connections. For this reason it is only natural that the club chairman rib people to join online. Perhaps to a newbie this might seem a little daunting but it is only a suggestion.

The Main web site is now my next project to update over my Xmas hols. However with the local calendar linked postings in the events page, in which any WSCC member can post an event, which is a new feature, together with a list of events in the next 30 days linked back to the old thread,  this will become the place to check out what is on where around the UK.

An FAQ is an excelent idea both covering how to use the site and questions often asked, however it is not a new one. It has come up before. However whilst I can dynamically link the content and can provide hierachical search, work and life commitments dont allow me the time to write it all. If someone/someones wants to voluteer to help out then go for it. However the information is there already in the many threads. Indeed some of the questions I answer to people who email me (which I have no problem replying to) often ask for information which is there straight in front of you if you choose to read all the information.

The Search function was broke, It is now fixed and fully indexes the site. However like any internet search the site now contains over 100,000 posts covering all sorts of information and can only find what you are looking for.

Whilst Blatman and others are proficient searchers and will often point people in the right direction, they are not magically using different techniques to search.

Searches and Site content are are not made better by squabble threads like this one.

Finally Peace and Goodwill to all in this festive season :xmas: both members and non-members alike.

Note this site is provided to the club as a free service by a Speed Series Sponsor. The Avatar Site is kindly hosted FOC by club member Andy Hawkins.

Ok so I lied, Im going to post in line with Webbies comments, and offer my services to collate info for the FAQ, I believe this is one of the best ways to avoid the general questions, rather than me search for every individual item and then try to re-work it etc. Im prepared to receive them via e-mail, sort them into some logical order and then pass them onto webbie for publishing. If the management are happy for me to to this then shout up.

115 Replies from a simple hello. Never knew I would be so popular!

Cheers

Len

:D  :D  :D

Well done I normally just get bog off  :oops: (only joking)  ;)

Ok so I lied, Im going to post in line with Webbies comments, and offer my services to collate info for the FAQ

Thank you Mr Non-member  :D  :D  :devil:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :D

Hope you're happy now Len  :D  :D  :D  :D  :xmas:  :D