" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

11 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Downgrading my entire braking system so that I can have squeal free stopping and a properly working handbrake, I also put a new fuel tank, battery and electronic indicator gizmo on the ASBO..... Tomorrow I shall be replacing the windscreen and wiper blades, then maybe getting as P'sst as a Squirrel to celebrate the arrival of my first grandchild.

That is all !!

Nem......

That must make you one of the younger members of the club!

1 minute ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

That must make you one of the younger members of the club!

I am.... I'm only eleventy one, I just look rough because I had a paper round in Beirut......

Received a lovely brown letter from the Gogs...  The north wales constabulary apparently have photographic evidence of my bmw doing 76 in a 60...    Looks like a weeks wages and 4-6 points..   Pants!  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

50% wage 

They fine you based on your wages? 

Hope that doesn’t include divs... think I may have went through a camera last week when distracted for a minute. Didn’t flash - but you never know. Drive past it every work day so could have kicked myself!

@Steve (sdh2903) you might be right, my google search took me to the RAC website which says band B for 76 in 60.   My wife’s been checking since and other websites say different.   I’ll need to wait and see.     

5 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

What happens if you don’t work?

You call yourself Barny @BCF and spend all your time doing trackdays or mountain bike trails :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, DamperMan said:

@Steve (sdh2903) you might be right, my google search took me to the RAC website which says band B for 76 in 60.   My wife’s been checking since and other websites say different.   I’ll need to wait and see.     

The rac site is a bit contradictory. The chart at the top says its band B. 

Screenshot_20190605-124422_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f012b47f688f8ce367eac8154e1fa71f.jpg

Yet the blurb at the bottom says 61-80 in a 60 is band A?

Screenshot_20190605-124403_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01a155dcdf439babd531617edf5d6369.jpg

all the other sites say its band A. 

It will be interesting abet a little painful to see what the fine turns out to be.   If it’s based on salary it will be interesting to know if it’s based on  basic pay or total earnings.      But lesson learned... dual carriageway is not 2 carriageways unless it has a central reservation.   I wonder how much more of my Hiway code i’ve Forgotten / never knew.  

7 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

You call yourself Barny @BCF and spend all your time doing trackdays or mountain bike trails :laugh:

Living the dream @KugaWestie :laugh:

...or just very good at making it look like that on soshall midja 

• Haha 1

Driving the ASBO to the MOT station in the biblical rain..... On Toyo R888's...... A bit like driving a flymo & swearing like a trooper at every little sideways twitch !

A Pass with no advisories so I'm chuffed, now Tax'd for the year too, bring on the sunshine please. 

I'm off for counseling now. 

Nem......

• Like 1