" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

The plan was...

79F84F12-4AFA-439B-AF09-07594AA8D905.thumb.jpeg.ab1fd222361b5bc4e50e609286213b31.jpeg

The idea was to attach to the side exit exhaust then under the floor .. cateringvan r630 style.   But last minute I chickened out with ground clearance concern.     So I made an ugly solution, probably welcome at Octoberfest... Umpa, Umpa umpa...769F2529-4EFE-46EC-917D-0B067AA15E95.thumb.jpeg.88027597305864c2a8e8f6213d374aff.jpeglooks better with your eyes closed!  But should be good or a trip to Bedford or other tracks keen on noise. 

Watching the moon rise over the mountains in Austria..

20190614_220953.jpg

• Like 1

Attending Fleetwood Mac and The Pretenders at Wembley Stadium

F925590C-5A45-4C50-BD84-652B35007CC0.jpeg

Today I have been mainly joining the ranks of two Westfield owners!

DC04B929-60A9-404F-8AAA-04EA5226A0EC.jpeg

Home again after collecting it from a friend who’d decided to sell.

Now I can stop making myself ill trying to get the “beast” ready in time. 

It’s a car not totally unknown to the club, though hasn’t been seen much for a few years.  A lovely crisp, revy and light, so very light, 1.6 Sigma engined car, that’s a hoot to drive. Will need a few jobs doing before I sell it after the Honda’s done,  ut it’s a cracker in the mean time.

• Like 5

Welcome to the two car club 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

"Wandering around Hadrians Wall" ...........     or as deliberately misnamed in Charlie Brooker's' Cunk on Britain' mockumentary    Hard Ian's Wall.

BDB56B5A-6715-4AB3-9DB0-919F9229DC67.jpeg

I liked the Black Adder take on the Wall.... in Goes Back and Forth..... the higher the rank of Roman Officer, the shorter the skirt...... Stephen Fry wearing a leather belt with his sawanicals encased in white undercrackers, now that's the stuff of comedy legend....    

• Haha 1

...Having a new hip installed, through a incision near the left gluteus whatsitcalled, my feet not finding their way down that tunnel anytime soon..

Which reminds me must SORN it, better in my pocket than theirs. 

On 22/06/2019 at 18:21, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Wandering around Hadrians Wall 

I think you'll find that's the Anglicised  version of the name. it's actually Hard'Yin's wall, build to keep out the hard'yins from the north - that being the McWesty clan with their hopped-up bullock carts!

• Like 1

Handing in my notice.

9 and a half years of working with a great team. Taking a small £1.5m business to £60m in the last 5 years. But alas the SLT dont want to back the new growth plan or our market intelligence so I'm out. On to pastures new in a months time. 

An emotional day. Half of my working life so far and just under a third of my entire life. 

Oh well onwards and upwards.

• Like 1