Report New Forum Bugs Or Issues Here

Captain Colonial

im still not getting an email notification when i recieve a pm

ive checked my junk email. ive checked the settings on my account can someone confirm on my account that email notifications are turned on please

so i know im not losing the plot

51 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Probably my phone, but don't seem to be able to get messages on it. It's a Nokia windows phone and does have problems with some apps and stuff.

I'm assuming you mean notification of PMs via email.  If so, you didn't have them turned on, which I've done now for you.

You can adjust your notifications by clicking on your user name, then choosing Account Settings, then Notifications on the right - you can set what you're notified about and whether you wish to be notified by email, PM, or both.

36 minutes ago, bunje said:

im still not getting an email notification when i recieve a pm

ive checked my junk email. ive checked the settings on my account can someone confirm on my account that email notifications are turned on please

so i know im not losing the plot

Hopefully your phone is set up to receive emails from your @sky.com email address, which is your registered account email?  Everything is set correctly in your account at this end.  In fact, I've thrown the kitchen sink at it and you'll get PMs and emails on practically everything now.

You can adjust your notifications by clicking on your user name, then choosing Account Settings, then Notifications on the right - you can set what you're notified about and whether you wish to be notified by email, PM, or both.

10 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Have edited the rights for the traders section, notice though, only traders/sponsors can start topic, though any paid up club member can reply.

Thanks Dave. 

I thought it was me missing something.

Lee

38 minutes ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

Hopefully your phone is set up to receive emails from your @sky.com email address, which is your registered account email?  Everything is set correctly in your account at this end.  In fact, I've thrown the kitchen sink at it and you'll get PMs and emails on practically everything now.

yep thats where ive always recieved them. its my one and only email address.

hopefully sorted now thanks again

At the moment, the system is doing the last of its updates as you can see below:

Capture.PNG

Reindexing all the posts has taken since Sunday night and is still ongoing, and you can see it's taking 62.2% of resources.  When this is through, it might well speed up a bit, but personally I'm having no issues on server speed response to speak of.

1 minute ago, bunje said:

yep thats where ive always recieved them. its my one and only email address.

hopefully sorted now thanks again

I suspect it's your end and the emails are getting rejected or trashed, but let's see what happens - good luck!

1 hour ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

At the moment, the system is doing the last of its updates as you can see below:

Reindexing all the posts has taken since Sunday night and is still ongoing, and you can see it's taking 62.2% of resources.  When this is through, it might well speed up a bit, but personally I'm having no issues on server speed response to speak of.

Makes sense, as it's the initial request for new activity that is slow. And by definition of slow, I mean slower than before rather than "I'll just make a cup of tea" slow. It's still all done in a few seconds. :yes:

2 hours ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

I'm assuming you mean notification of PMs via email.  If so, you didn't have them turned on, which I've done now for you.

All sorted now,thanks. The forum looks different on my phone to the laptop, I don't see my user name at the top of the page, also the message and notification icons are missing but I got a red tag I got one.

Otherwise every thing is looking fine.

I'm getting intermittent issues when replying in threads.  When I hit Submit Reply, it sometimes does nothing until I refresh / F5 several times, which can then leave duplicate replies.  I've seen this happen in a few threads now.

Not had it myself yet, but then I've only browsed the forum from an iPad. I've seen a number of multiple posts though, presumably from people this has happened to.

trying to add a couple of pictures to a new gallery.  Seems to hang on "uploading images" for ever and doesn't progress.

adding photos to thread topics is fine....

7 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

trying to add a couple of pictures to a new gallery.  Seems to hang on "uploading images" for ever and doesn't progress.

adding photos to thread topics is fine....

I agree.

I also appear to be lacking in email notification for PMs. It's definitely set to sent one when a PM is received. No email is sitting in the spam folder.