Report New Forum Bugs Or Issues Here

Captain Colonial

6 hours ago, TableLeg said:

Another issue I am yet to work out how to resolve....

Using the forum on a mobile, if I click 'Quote' to quote a response, I am then unable to delete this 'quote' from my reply before submitting the reply. The quote is added into a box stating the original users name and whilst you can delete the text in the box I can't find out how to delete the box and name reference too.

If I quit out and then re enter the site, and reply to a different post the same quoted text from earlier is included.

Am I doing something wrong?

If you click on the header of the quote rather than the text it highlights the box so you can delete it.

2 hours ago, Mark Wendon (smokey mow) - WSCC Club Secretary said:

If you click on the header of the quote rather than the text it highlights the box so you can delete it.

Hmm, clicking on the header here has just created a box like before but I still find no way to delete.

What function are you carrying out to delete it?

Noticed another thingy - when posting a reply (or creating a new topic) there is often a long delay without anything apparently happening (no circling icons or waiting for a response messages) - I've been tempted to hit the submit button again as I wasn't sure if I had actually clicked on it correctly or what.

I notice a number of other people are having similar problems with double (or empty) replies or topics ......   

21 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Hmm, clicking on the header here has just created a box like before but I still find no way to delete.

What function are you carrying out to delete it?

Click here and press delete

Untitled.png

or if you hovver the cursor over the title block you get a message that says "enter your text; hold ctrl and right click for more options.

if you do that then you get this useful little pop up box

Untitled2.png

2 minutes ago, Mark Wendon (smokey mow) - WSCC Club Secretary said:

Click here and press delete

Untitled.png

or if you hover the cursor over the title block you get a message that says "enter your text; hold ctrl and right click for more options.

if you do that then you get this useful little pop up box

Untitled2.png

Thanks Mark,

Cursor? Are you confusing this with PC access?

10 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Thanks Mark,

Cursor? Are you confusing this with PC access?

No, I'm using an iPhone but just logged into the PC so I could draw an arrow for you and found there was also a hover over menu with the mouse

Thanks Mark but I do not have any such 'hover over menu' on my Android phone.

When I touch on the quote I just get a box around it and that's all.

Your text above talks of holding control, I do not have this on my phone, but am aware it is a normal PC keyboard function.

???

That's the exact issue I had a few days ago earlier in the thread. Did it once and I couldn't get rid of the quote. Also on android browser. Not done it since touch wood.

22 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Thanks Mark but I do not have any such 'hover over menu' on my Android phone.

When I touch on the quote I just get a box around it and that's all.

Your text above talks of holding control, I do not have this on my phone, but am aware it is a normal PC keyboard function.

???

You're confusing two different methods.

on the phone / tablet etc click on the title block and a blue box will appear around the quote box highlighting it.  Now press the delete key on your keypad and it'll be removed.

On a PC / laptop etc you can do as above or there is also the additional hover over menu option.  

34 minutes ago, Mark Wendon (smokey mow) - WSCC Club Secretary said:

You're confusing two different methods.

on the phone / tablet etc click on the title block and a blue box will appear around the quote box highlighting it.  Now press the delete key on your keypad and it'll be removed.

On a PC / laptop etc you can do as above or there is also the additional hover over menu option.  

Sorry Mark this doesn't work for me.

Plus I don't have a delete key, just Backspace but that doesn't work either.:(

24 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Sorry Mark this doesn't work for me.

Plus I don't have a delete key, just Backspace but that doesn't work either.:(

19 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

No it wouldn't work for me at the time either Mark. 

I've tested this on the iphone, ipad and android HTC phone and its working fine on them all

Hmm, haven't got an android phone to test on, but works ok from safari on current IOS on iPhone.

you place the cursor after the quote box, then hit back space until the blue outline appears around the quote box, the next time back-space is tapped, it deletes the whole quote.

Ah, hadn't updated the thread since looking at it earlier, hadn't seen Marks Android video!

9 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Hmm, haven't got an android phone to test on, but works ok from safari on current IOS on iPhone.

you place the cursor after the quote box, then hit back space until the blue outline appears around the quote box, the next time back-space is tapped, it deletes the whole quote.

Thanks Mark (especially for taking the time to do the video) and Dave,

But still not working. If I place the cursor as you suggest and then press backspace the cursor disappears as does the keyboard.

:(

Just to add: It looks as though when you touched your screen your finger was in the area bounded by the smaller text box, when I click there on mine that box is highlighted and I am able to delete the text, but not the quote box and quote username.

I see it works fine on my Pc.