Report New Forum Bugs Or Issues Here

Captain Colonial

First of all, many thanks to Ade and Chris for their hard work in getting the new forums launched so smoothly and so quickly - very well done indeed. :t-up:

As bugs and issues will be inevitable, as will the need to update a few pinned threads with info based on the old forums, if you do find something then please post it in this thread.

Please bear in mind that it may take time to answer or sort the item as the new forums are still bedding in and Ade and Chris have real-world jobs to do - and also bear in mind that the answer to your wishes is sometimes "sorry, no".

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

• Captain Colonial pinned this topic

initially looks great - just need to work out how everything works now :)

testing photo drop

Cars on Fire (2).JPG

• Like 1

heck that is so easy - this is going to bring the forum back to life and stop things being filtered away to FB etc - well done :yes:

• Like 1

Had a message from Kevin Turner to say he's locked out and the password reset emails don't turn up so he can't get in...

im not sure if its a bug or its still in the process of being finished off but i dont get a notification when i recieve a pm

always handy when not near the computer to reply

36 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Had a message from Kevin Turner to say he's locked out and the password reset emails don't turn up so he can't get in...

Most likely he's trying to log in with his old user name. If he's tried with his email address and it's still not working then I should be able to manually do a password reset if he needs me to.

secretary@wscc.co.uk

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Just my notifications issue:

wscc.jpg

I think I might have sorted this - try it now.

47 minutes ago, bunje said:

im not sure if its a bug or its still in the process of being finished off but i dont get a notification when i recieve a pm

always handy when not near the computer to reply

I think I have sorted this for you as well.

If you are not receiving emails - check your spam/junk folder. Due to the server being moved it is possible that the system generated emails "look" different to the email software you use - so it says "hey, this is different, better junk it just in case it's Spam dude"

01.png

I used to have Custom Content blocks on my blog, one of which contained an index to all my blog posts (not so important), one of them which contained a total cost spend on my car (really important to me).  Any chance I can at least have the content of that block sent to me so I can keep it safe?  I have now no idea how much I spend on the car over the past 3 years, and I am not about to go through all my blog posts to tally it up again :cry:

If your displayed forum name has changed at any point in the past then you need to log in with your displayed name, rather than the old name. Our Chairman (Hi Scott!) changed mine from Wellyjen to Welly Jen during a Stuff and Nonsense discussion on why so many of us contract two words in to one as  our forum name. I still logged in as Wellyjen up till the forum upgrade, but found I now need to log in as Welly Jen. Caused me a little head scratching! Not a bug, but might help someone else having problems logging in.

Well done on the forum upgrade. Still exploring the features, but it looms very snazzy.

Jen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quinten said:

01.png

I used to have Custom Content blocks on my blog, one of which contained an index to all my blog posts (not so important), one of them which contained a total cost spend on my car (really important to me).  Any chance I can at least have the content of that block sent to me so I can keep it safe?  I have now no idea how much I spend on the car over the past 3 years, and I am not about to go through all my blog posts to tally it up again :cry:

I think you need to email Webmaster Chris on this one, nothing I can do personally for you I'm afraid as I'm thick.  Email webmaster@wscc.co.uk and refer to your post with this link: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/122218-report-new-forum-bugs-or-issues-here/?do=findComment&comment=1285869