NASA LIES and other musings....

Mulder

All right, that's it. If we can't keep a civil tongue in our heads, we lose the ability to think and disagree as adults. This is a final warning to all - behave or the thread gets locked.

My apologies for my outburst Scott and I have deleted my errant post.  But IMHO this doesn't have a place on the best car club forum that there is.  Guess I just have to ignore it.  Which I will

• Like 1

You're right Scott, some people get very aggressive when anything challenges their cozy world view to the point where they either resort to offensive remarks or excuses that are more improbable than the truth, Occam's Razor.

This should end the debate anyway, there is no Apollo-gising for this NASA error.

The moon faces the earth the same way all the time, except for a slight wobble called precession which see's the moon twist 5 degrees either way which means we see just over 50% of the moons surface. Undeniable.

Therefore if you draw a line from the centre of the earth to the centre of the moon that's pretty much a fixed position give or take a few degrees. Undeniable.

Apollo 11 landed on the lunar equator just off the centre of the moon, just right of centre by around 10 degrees. Undeniable.

From this you can see that when standing on the moon at the Apollo 11 landing site the earth would be almost directly overhead, at ALL times. Undeniable.

Except.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah291/SpoilerAlerts/Apollo-11-on-the-moon-picture-950x690_zps4vntf0lk.jpg

can you explain why none of the official NASA photographs of the Apollo 11 landing have the earth visible in the background yet the image you have copied and linked to in your photobucket does? ???

Prehaps a link to a crediable source where you obtained the image may convince me better :)

• Like 1

My apologies for my outburst Scott and I have deleted my errant post.  But IMHO this doesn't have a place on the best car club forum that there is.  Guess I just have to ignore it.  Which I will

Thanks Stuart, well done. I know its emotive, maybe more for me than anyone else in the club. There's been a number of times over the years I've posted with the red mist on and regretted it and apologised, so I understand, no worries.

Just remember this forum is Stuff and Nonsense. Is this stuff or is it nonsense? Answer: Yes. :d

Read both of these excuses, hilarious, magnetic dust! Of course, thats why it all stuck to the lander on landing, oh hang on a minute 

0ada908108194414ed4d2aefa2d6b8a1_zpswqfm

Spotless!

What is the copyright status of this image?

R

May even if you didn't insinuate that people were foolish and stupid with comments like "cozy world" people wouldn't get so defensive.

People like their cozy world it's what keeps society together and maybe... just maybe some of us don't give a **** if they are fake as frankly it has no bearing on us.

Got to admit that I have no issues with conspiracy theories per se - one of my best mates is of a similar opinion to Mulder and hence I have heard all of this before in great detail - and have looked at it in depth many times at his insistence.

What I do get a tad irate about is the evangelical fervour with which this dubious nonsense (purely my opinion) is pushed upon us.

Reasoned argument and debate is great - just stop trying to sell it like we are all stupid ignorant morons who are incapable of doing anything other than saying yes to the establishment.

Now please present reasoned arguments in a manner befitting the gentlemanly nature of this fine automobile loving establishment :)

Oh and show me an example where someone has faithfully recreated the moonwalk footage in a studio.

• Like 7

Ah but the conspiracy theorists are part of the conspiracy too. The evidence they present fails to convince, so people no longer look in any detail and fail to spot the real problems. And of course, I am part of the conspiracy by pointing this out ;) It is layers all the way down...

I don't want to get involved in the passions of the argument, but simply to point out that one has not only to guard against fixed ideas about perceived 'truth', but also against applying earthbound rules to a completely airless, low gravity environment. Dust would fall rapidly and like buckshot - even that has 'windage'. The rules do not apply. Also pincushion and barrel distortion on unusual lens focal lengths can mislead the eye. If they had faked it, and maybe they did to a certain extent, I don't know (nor care that much), but surely they, with top grade physicists on the payroll, would have made a flawless job of simple things like shadows and dust behaviour?

• Like 1

A point mentioned already, if it was faked, there is no way the Russians at the time or even now would have let them get away with it. The whole Apollo program was a truly great thing done for truly stupid reasons. Ideology. You can be absolutely sure that any whiff of fakery would have had the Russians all over it, shouting it to the world.

I restate my suggestion to the OP - go read a book on optics first before you allow yourself to be misled and lied to by people attempting to prove their own argument with obvious falsehoods. My point about the experiments was so that you can prove to yourself, without having to rely on anyone else, that what the book says is true. Thus, you can then see that the arguments made about these images are simply wrong. I don't know if those making them are genuine or not. I tend to assume the simplest answer - they do it for sport.

You accuse anyone who doesn't believe you as being blinkered and stuck in our 'cozy world view'. I for one do not believe very much of what I am told. Mostly, people tell you things because they have an agenda. Find that first to find the truth..that is, if you do 'want to believe'.

There is more than a whiff of Evangelism about so much of the OPs rhetoric. I wonder why that is.

I only ask that you give each topic due consideration, view the footage and think objectively and give your views in a constructive manner, and please NO SWEARING !

Can you afford the counter arguments the same courtesy please? You only skim read the ones I posted and came to the conclusion that one said the dust was magnetic which it really didn't.

Because forum posts don't allow much of the tone you get from other methods of communication - this post is meant to assist with the debate and not directed in a personal attack. If the counter arguments aren't being digested and themselves countered or accepted, there is no debate and the thread and moderation effort becomes pointless.

Some film of a space mission from 1972 that I am pretty sure was faked in a studio.

Enjoy!

Jen

And a link to an analysis of all the things that are wrong in this film.http://www.stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_landings/moon_landings.htm

ROTFLMFAO! Bravo, Jen! :d

The countdown has begun 10.9,8,7,6,5.......

Just a few warm up images before the BIG one which I have been keeping 'till the end.

bfc57dd2bcbb6e904d7c1c023134e38a_zps1chc

The 10,000b thrust rocket motor that can't move dust beneath the lander.....

75f38671f09e8098fcd8645b466240a5_zps9x5p

14lightsource_zpsvwigha6j.jpg

How many sun's?

17tallshortmountain_zpskjrffwi6.jpg

Discuss, I'm sure you will......

I am 100% they are not fake photographs.

This thread has GOT to be wind up. Please tell me you don't seriously believe this Mulder :)